Quantcast

Newest MBA ------> Ellsworth Pic

R

RideMonkey

Anyone notice that in that closeup shot of the Ellsworth ID linkage that the front deraileur housing runs so close to the rocker arm that the arm had crushed the housing? Hehe pretty sweet Interbike coverage for Ellsworth :rolleyes:

:monkey:

vernon

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Singapore
Yes.....and I was wondering if it was really crushed or not!

Don't think it's quite a good pic to put in a magazine for PR is it? I mean, with the crushed cable and all....

However, the bike frame looks real cool and I guess the guys were banking on that to draw attention away from the crushed cable!!!:D

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I saw that too. I don't think its crushed but worn from rubbing on the rocker arm. Yeah pretty bad routing. I have experimented on my Heckler with different routing. Tried to go top tube for the rear and ended up buffing the paint off where it rubbed...in one short ride. The edge of that Ellsworth rocker looks square and I'll bet it just took off the coating. Then again it might be squished between the rocker and frame. Any marks on the frame?

Nov 17, 2001
SUNY Binghamton NY
I know someone who had a similar problem on his dare (the old one) Turns out that the swingarm was hitting the cable and rubbing through it, but it tuned out that the cable was just too long and stuck out from the frame too much in the loop, a shorter cable and thus a more direct routing kept the cable from being rubbed. Sloppy of ellsworth to put an overlong cable on that bike but its not an inhearent problem with the frame, the cable is just a little long. (but there could be other problems, its not an identical frame.)