Quantcast

News: SRAM Debuts X01

webmonkey365

Chimp
Sep 21, 2012
What sets X01 apart from its slightly pricier sibling? Why should you even care when you've probably spent years shifting a front derailleur and never thought, "Man, what I need right now is some way to just rid myself of that thing that makes climbing hills easy!" Fair questions. Here are some answers.

pedalhound

Chimp
Mar 28, 2011
Victoria
I was hoping for a little more savings over the XX1...man I want this...may just have to pony up for it or wait till for the 14 Shimano stuff I hear rumors about...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What sets X01 apart from its slightly pricier sibling? Why should you even care when you've probably spent years shifting a front derailleur and never thought, "Man, what I need right now is some way to just rid myself of that thing that makes climbing hills easy!" Fair questions. Here are some answers.

Actually, what I was thinking last night as I was shifting away on my push-push front shifters and actuating the seat post dropper with my thumb was: "Yes, this is exactly what I need, more stuff to actuate with my thumb to speed my arthritis". At least with shimanos it got mixed around a bit (also find the seapost lever is kind of similar to the front-derailleur lever, which isn't a great thing). I've ran 1x for a while on different bikes and it's so much simpler and easier most of the time. Can't climb something with a 30-36? Well then lugging 3 rings around with a mega-range cassette is for you...not me.

Last edited: