Quantcast

Newz: AUSTRALIA 'WORLD'S GAYEST COUNTRY'...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Australia 'world's gayest country'
23sep03

MORE than 17 per cent of Australians are involved in gay or lesbian relationships, putting the country equal first in the world for its proportion of homosexuals, according to a new worldwide survey.
READ MORE

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yep. I've always thought Paul Hogan had purty lips.

What the survey says is that 17% of those taking an "on-line" survey were involved in gay relationships... I am pretty sure the results are tilted towards the young who are experimenting MTV style.

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
Originally posted by N8
Australia 'world's gayest country'
23sep03

MORE than 17 per cent of Australians are involved in gay or lesbian relationships, putting the country equal first in the world for its proportion of homosexuals, according to a new worldwide survey.
READ MORE
Well, the way I read it, approximately 34% of the females in Australians are willing to have lesbian experiences. :cool: :D

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
no doubt... we all wear bandanas and have web pages about our 'adventures' :devil:

parts (one of the 83%)

ps - midge, it ain t no secret that opie has BS as his wallpaper...

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
yeah, doesn't sound very scientific to me. I would doubt the validity of the results.

Second, If we are to believe that homosexuality is genetic, which I dont, and NOT learned behavior, then the statistics should be the same across all nations. I could be wrong here but it makes sense to me.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by mr_dove
yeah, doesn't sound very scientific to me. I would doubt the validity of the results.

Second, If we are to believe that homosexuality is genetic, which I dont, and NOT learned behavior, then the statistics should be the same across all nations. I could be wrong here but it makes sense to me.
Why do African Americans have a much greater incidence of sickle-cell anemia? That's about as genetic as it gets, methinks.

(Caveat...It's been a LONG time since I took biology.)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Silver
Why do African Americans have a much greater incidence of sickle-cell anemia? That's about as genetic as it gets, methinks.

so you're saying that whites predominanty carry the gay-gene?:eek:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by LordOpie
so you're saying that whites predominanty carry the gay-gene?:eek:
Nope, I'm trying to say that there is at least one specific instance I can think of where a gene is very predominant in a certain population.

But you probably knew that...:p

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag

Is that not due to the fact that one of the side effects of carrying the gene that causes sickle-cell anemia also gives resistance to some other disease (possibly malaria but I can't remember). Hence natural selection favours those with that gene who live longer and are more likely to have kids. Hence the population in Africa has a greater percentage with that gene.

That would therefore be carried over into the African-American population although probably less so than in Africa after a few generations.

Of course I may have dreamt the whole thing.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by fluff
Is that not due to the fact that one of the side effects of carrying the gene that causes sickle-cell anemia also gives resistance to some other disease (possibly malaria but I can't remember). Hence natural selection favours those with that gene who live longer and are more likely to have kids. Hence the population in Africa has a greater percentage with that gene.

That would therefore be carried over into the African-American population although probably less so than in Africa after a few generations.

Of course I may have dreamt the whole thing.
Here's a link:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/01/2/l_012_02.html

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Notice how this study came out AFTER BurlySurly made his trip there....:devil:
what a sucker punch!:D :D

Though im sure ive created a lsebian or two in my time.