Quantcast

NHL Hot Stove Thread

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
And the bloodletting continues...

Niemie had a great playoffs...and thats about all. He is not a proven performer, even though this was his first shot at the NHL. I kind of understand the perspective...but I have always seen Turco as a choke artist. Bowman is continuing to clean up someone elses mess. Next year will be interessant...I wonder where Anti will land?

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Yeah, How many times does that happen with a goalie. One good season, a bunch of money and then nothing. Making a bunch sitting on the bench.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Ken Dryden performed a similiar feat. I hear he has done well for himself. Nik Khabibulin also, and he flopped as a Hawk soon thereafter. Hawk fans are screaming, but the option was sign a relatively unproven goalie to a long term when you still have the albatross of another long term deal between the pipes riding the pine. Turco may prove a good mentor to Crawfish...and methinks Huet is not long for the Indian Head sweater...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think I missed the Niemi/Turco news while on vacation........Holy Moly!

I wonder who will snag Niemi for next season?? Maybe he'll land in Montreal! :cool:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Yeah no chance at all! Already trying to sort out the Price situation with his new contract although he has proven nothing.

Crazy thing that the NHL has finally put their pants on to cancel Kovy's contract. No Dipietro fiasco again please, that was ridiculous

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Finnish Elite Serien methinks...a total SWAG, btw.

Turco will (Hopefully...) be a good mentor for Crawford, who I beleive has been annointed to be the netminder o' the future for my boys.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I can't wait to see what happens in Montreal if Price turns into a basket case again.

Who is this Dipietro guy? Is he even know how to play hockey anymore.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If Avery beat Carsillies ass, I would like Avery. For a very short time, but I would like Avery.

But to be truthful, I would like to see a double knockout in a scrap like that.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
until he beats carcillo's ass....then you will hate him a little less.
You think he could take Carcillo? Asham thinks he's a goal scorer anyway.

Carcillo is got the crazy factor along with the stache and flowing locks... simply unbeatable.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Carcillo is a lightweight who runs his cake hole too much. Best comment of the Cup Final was when Carcillo was running around trying to decapitate Hawks and drilled Briere. Burish (Another clown, fwiw...) says "Thats the best hit you've thrown all year!" Carcillo was pissed...but thats the last ice he saw all series.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Hockey season starts Thursday.

Flyers vs. Pens to open the new arena in Pittsburgh.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Rumor has it Mario is going to play tonight. :thumb:

pure speculation... but why would the pens send Tangradi to the Wheeling team for tonights game, and call up a fourth string goalie to take his place?...

I think they are going to dress 66 for the opening of the new building... God its great that hockey season is finally here!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Rumor has it Mario is going to play tonight. :thumb:

pure speculation... but why would the pens send Tangradi to the Wheeling team for tonights game, and call up a fourth string goalie to take his place?...

I think they are going to dress 66 for the opening of the new building... God its great that hockey season is finally here!
that would be AWESOME to see Mario out there tonight!!!:thumb::thumb:

RatsAss

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Where the sidewalk ends...
I get it...he owns the team, he saved the team, blagh blagh blagh. The Pens have a Stanley Cup caliber team, and arguably the best player in the NHL. Wish "Super Mario" would not make it about himself. Go eat a Primanti Brothers sandwich, sit in your box, and wave to the crowd.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I get it...he owns the team, he saved the team, blagh blagh blagh. The Pens have a Stanley Cup caliber team, and arguably the best player in the NHL. Wish "Super Mario" would not make it about himself. Go eat a Primanti Brothers sandwich, sit in your box, and wave to the crowd.
He's going to be the replacement for Sergei Gonchar on the Point for the Pens PowerPlay this year. :thumb::thumb:;);)

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
The Pens have a Stanley Cup caliber team, and arguably the best player in the NHL. Wish "Super Mario" would not make it about himself.
I'd argue with that and where do you think Sydney learned to make it about himself?