Quantcast

NHL playoffs...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The true quest for the Cup begins.
Despite a late push, (And a beuatiful spanking of the Dead Things!) my Hawks are out...so now I root for the Avs I guess.
Who you rootin' for?

(All you non hockey fans need not reply...)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm a huge Wings fan and am glad they won the President's Cup, but I'll be surprised if they get past round two of the playoffs.

I'd like to see Montreal do some damage. The NHL is better when Montreal is a contender.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
rooting for my ducks once again. johne didn't we get into an argument about this time last year ?let the hockey smack talk continue.avs suck !

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
I'm a huge Wings fan and am glad they won the President's Cup, but I'll be surprised if they get past round two of the playoffs.
wings ha , i was talking smack about them yesterday to this wings fan from michigan i work with. i hope they lose in the 1st round .

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nice to see the Bruins finally back in playoff hockey. they have a scrappy team. too bad they lost bergeron for the season thanks to the thuggish flyers.

shamrock

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I'm a huge Devils fan... After they lost every single game they played against the friggin' Rangers this season (except formaybe tomorrow's) I'd love to see them crush the Rangers in the playoffs.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The Flyers and their goon squad.

I haven't seen a gave this year, just following on the web.

I wish the Av's were the Nordiques again.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
- Sharks are the hot ticket...can they keep it up?
- Wings dont have the goaltending this year, and other then Datsyuk and Zetterberg, they are looking old...
- Good to see the Bs and Habs back in the mix.
- Hate Pronger...hate the Ducks. I went to Anaheim to see Ducks v. Hawks this year, and see the Cup. Cup was not there (In Ont. for maint.) and Ducks beat us 2-1 (I think, I got drunk...wife dragged me home.). Ducks, ughhh.
- Go Avs!
(Mike, I think we did scrap this time last year...I still say the Cup should stay north. Never w. of Denver or s. of the Mason Dixon!)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
And IAB, no Bruins fan? Wings? C'mon...
I was a die hard Whalers fan (I hated the Bruins) until the Whale left town. Now they can suck a cock. The Wings were my #2 team since Yzerman entered the league and they got promoted to my #1 when the Whalers ceased to exist. My hatred of the Bruins has faded over the years and now I actually cheer for them.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yzerman was a stud. It is ironic that I hate the Wings, yet some of all time favorites have worn the winged wheel. Stevie Y, Brett Hull, Shannahan, Probert (Hated him til he became a Hawk tho). And Zetterberg and Datsyuk are scary good. They need new goalies though. Or a sh*tload of Metamucil for Hasek and Ozzie...

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Bring back the The Adams, Campbell, Norris, Patrick, Smythe and Prince of Wales
HELL YEAH!!!! friggin Betman can suck my hairy a$$!!!! talk about a single person ruining a simple game!! i'll stop here because i can go on and on.....

don't care that the Bruins made the playoffs. they'll be a one and out anyway so it's nothing to get too excited about. haven't really been a B's fan for quite some time, i switched to the Leafs. but have always liked the Wings, especially Stevie Y!! now you may ask, "why the fvking Leafs?!?!?" well, i've been to a few games up there with friends over the years, it was a yearly trip for a weekend plus i would play up there with my team in a tournament. if any of you had the chance to see a game at Maple Leaf Gardens then i think you know how i feel, especially after the Boston Garden closed. it's a different feel up there and i fell in love with it, something Boston has sorely missed since the Garden (Gaaaahden!!) was demolished. the fans are so much better informed and a hell of a lot more fun to watch a game with, and drink with after the game too!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Keep an eye out for the Capitals in the East - they are the sleeper team in the east.

Yagr is hot again - Rangers could be tough as well.

Carey Price is cool as a cucumber between the pipes for the Canadiens.

With that said, I think one of the teams from the West will hoist the cup this year.

But it would be awesome if the Cup were to return to Montreal!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
All h#ll will break loose if the Habs win it...I would not be upset to see Koivu hoisting the Cup...

Caps. No depth, no way. Kolzig is over, as is Federov. One trick pony in DC...Ov, Ove, OVER...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I guess I'm pulling for the Canadians. I'm a Leafs fan, so I'm more or less hating life right now.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
All h#ll will break loose if the Habs win it...I would not be upset to see Koivu hoisting the Cup...

Caps. No depth, no way. Kolzig is over, as is Federov. One trick pony in DC...Ov, Ove, OVER...
Have you been following them?

If Huet can get it done, they can take some teams out. Maybe not go all the way, but they can do damage. Ovechkin, Green on defense (he's super fun to watch), Federov, Alexander Semin, that young Swede they've got - sorta like a mini-Forsberg. They just need to keep Donald Brashear out of the line up!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Having grown up in Michigan, I'm a huge Wings fan, but the insane amount of travel they have to do throughout the year and the number of timezone changes they have to deal with really stacks the cards against them in the playoffs. Detroit's been winning without 5 guys who could start on any team in the league (Holmstrom, Maltby, Samuelson, Draper, and Stuart are all injured), and if those dudes can somehow get healthy, they've got as good of a chance as anyone in the West.

In the East, I like the Habs, but I don't think Price has any clue what the F he's in for in the playoffs -- it's almost like an entirely different sport with the intensity turned up about 20 notches.

For the finals, whoever wins the west will destroy their eastern counterpart, just like last year. With that in mind, get psyched for the conference finals; the cup finals will be another snoozer.

--JP

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Play is definitely up, it is amazing what the guys do today and how fast they do it all. ButM, Bettman has littel of nothing to do with that. Tha way he has wrecked the league (NO tv, ticket prices, discipline issues, traditional divisions being mucked about, the game schedule etc.) and his arrogance in doing so says he gots to go...

As for the Caps, I think all a team has to do is shut down Ovy, like the Hawks did a couple weeks back, and fergit it. Huet has zero history of playoff success. I agree, they look scary on paper. We will have to wait and see. If they win, I will be the first to say you were right.

And JP, ALL the teams do an insane amout of travel every year...although the timezone one gets points for originality! They need to get and stay healthy, and have rock solid goaltending to win. Wings fans making excuses already, ughhh!