Quantcast

No Fury :( - time to try something new?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Well, it looks exactly like the one I posted earlier in the thread, except I wont be able to take such a good photo of it. What's the point? :D I've no BB or headset yet so can't build it at all, I'll put pics up when it's built tomorrow!

HighMinion

Chimp
Dec 4, 2007
I am still running the bushings. They've been alright to me so far.....just require that little bit extra after a hard day. Devinci's claim is a quarter pound diff between the two. I weighed the needle bearing kit (which Devinci sent for free to all 08' owners) at 317 grams.

It wouldn't surprise me if my scale was off. Wasn't quite made in mind of weighing full frames, just gave a ball park. It was sitting at 35.5 last year with SP tires. I know I will catch some flack for that, but where I run I can get away with them most of the time. New changes this year and we'll see where she sits.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Looks like an old Hanebrink or something, eek! :) Hopefully it's just a sprayed up Shiver :)

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
huh? its a dorado with black crowns

an x-works perhaps?

Last edited:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Hmmm, I think your friend's may be lighter than that? Going off the frame weights I've seen* mine is going to be 34.5lb-ish, with a coil shock, coil boxxers, saint cranks, and dualply tyres! Your friend must have some lardy bits hidden on it somewhere! Reckon mine'd be about 33lb with air shock/boxxer... :D

*I'm refusing to be too excited by the photo above this post which hints at a frame weight of 3300g or so, as for all I know the 09 has changed and is beefed up in areas... 3300g would be sweet though, that's Socom/88 territory :)

it is crazy light but i still don't think its anywhere near the 35lb mark on the same scale my radical is comming in at about 39 but thats with my 823 wheelset with michelan tires and dh tubes. So 39 isn't that bad considering my current heavy wheel combination.

I don't think you'll get the sub 35lbs with ur devinci with coil shock and coil boxxers. I've another friend with the same frame as yours with a coil shock and ti spring boxxer world cups, 721/proII wheelset, hope mini brakes and a fairly light build everywhere else. It feels about the same as my radical with my light wheels on it which comes in on the scales at just under 38lbs. Maybe my scales is out and everything is lighter than my scales is reading, but i don't think so.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I don't think you'll get the sub 35lbs with ur devinci with coil shock and coil boxxers
Well once I get my ti spring, and an LG1+, that's exactly what it should be :-)

Should get current LG1 later today so I can finish building it (albeit in it's 35.8lb guise) and get some photos up here today/tomorrow, and hopefully get out riding before the first proper race of the season next weekend!

edit: nuts, CRC forgot to put my chain in the package, another day delay :(

Last edited: