Quantcast

No Joke gone for the season

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
The start of Bear Cub is off the road where you started the section of No Joke to link Upper and Lower Freight Train. The trail is mostly double track from what I've heard. Looks like Original Sin/Goats Gully is going to see alot more traffic now. Maybe that's why they dumbed it down a bit?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TtotheJ said:
The start of Bear Cub is off the road where you started the section of No Joke to link Upper and Lower Freight Train. The trail is mostly double track from what I've heard. Looks like Original Sin/Goats Gully is going to see alot more traffic now. Maybe that's why they dumbed it down a bit?
yup, bear cub is the left off the road. what did they do to dumb down original sin? it definitely was my favorite trail up on garbanzo but i haven't been up all season to check out the changes.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Sucks the trail is getting closed down, but at least with the Olympics coming the road is getting improved probably a lot faster than it would have without them.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
no joke was thrashed up in early aug after it was raced!

is it for good or for repair?

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Yeah Freight Train is still open, but where you used to ride the section of No Joke to link the trail, you now have to ride Bear Cub. I haven't had the chance to ride this route yet so I don't know how bad it sucks but from what I understand Bear Cub is double track and not much of an MTB trail, at least compared to what its replacing.

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Bear cub is rutted out double track, but you can bypass most of it by riding the lower part of original sin to goats gully, from here follow the rest of bear cub to get to middle freight train. Great route, saw a lot of traffic there though (not many other options with no joke gone)