Quantcast

non-horst link M1!

revmonkey

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
never seen this before:

technically a single pivot! apparently it's a 99.

for comparison:

this is a 2001

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
I had an M1 that was almost identical to that, same brakes, forks wheels cranks. NICE Bike, I loved it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Whoa, the old gang is back together...

Howzit, H? Moved? Don't have the place in BB anymore, then? I'm in SF for the next year or two, myself...

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I had an M1 that was almost identical to that, same brakes, forks wheels cranks. NICE Bike, I loved it.
So if I'm getting this right, the rear triangle was NOT made by Intense? So where could I purchase this rear link? Just incase my derailer breaks off. or atleast the top of the rear.

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
Intense made the whole frame.
If you break the rear mech off, you're going to have problems, I got a saint rear mech for my second M1.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
So if I'm getting this right, the rear triangle was NOT made by Intense? So where could I purchase this rear link? Just incase my derailer breaks off. or atleast the top of the rear.
The picture you quoted should be the same as the '02 listed in your signature. Except in '00 they had polished rears and in '01 they went to a painted rear.
If yours is like the first picture posted it is not an '02. I suppose someone could have got a replacement from end in '02 and mounted the non-FSR rear on it though?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yeah, except GT made the Horst link bike brake jack like a lawill with no floater. The LTS and Lobo were pure crap, but not because of the FSR pivot.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
The picture you quoted should be the same as the '02 listed in your signature. Except in '00 they had polished rears and in '01 they went to a painted rear.
If yours is like the first picture posted it is not an '02. I suppose someone could have got a replacement from end in '02 and mounted the non-FSR rear on it though?
Ok, your not getting the point here. Who cares if its an 00, 01, 02.... Whatever, all I'm asking is if theres a place to get a replacement rear?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Ok, your not getting the point here. Who cares if its an 00, 01, 02.... Whatever, all I'm asking is if theres a place to get a replacement rear?
I don't know, maybe Intense?

And just because people on the internet say Intense doesn't make them anymore don't believe that until Intense tells you that.
I was able to get parts for mine long after I first heard that.

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Back in Boulder ready ta ride
Ah the good ol days eh?

bike looks flexy :D

I still look back on the weekends we all got together. Good times, ride during the day and bench-race and drink beer at night. And who can forget the cold Thanksgiving ride’s Mike and I did across the lake… I still have the Big Bear place but it’s for sale. Looking forward to Keystone now….

Carry on-

-H