Quantcast

NORBA hates you! tee-shirts: Who printed these?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I remember seeing those at Deer Valley as well... I thought maybe it was Amiel Cavalier or one of the fellas that he was traveling with? I could be way off there...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
i'm pretty sure the phrase isn't copywrited, do you really need to know who put phrase to cotton or can you do it yourself?

While you're at it, can you make a shirt that says "team big bear is a bunch of lying a$$holes that have no place in the event promotion or bike park business"?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
While you're at it, can you make a shirt that says "team big bear is a bunch of lying a$$holes that have no place in the event promotion or bike park business"?
Where is the rep button when I need it?:busted:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
i was reading Decline this morning and there was an article about a DH race in Ensenada by Sean Mcclendon that was really good, the last paragraph in particular.

i've said it before, things are not what they used to be by any stretch, but if people would spend half the time they do being negative on a positive note it could be a lot better.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
i've said it before, things are not what they used to be by any stretch, but if people would spend half the time they do being negative on a positive note it could be a lot better.
......and with that. these forums would be a shell of what they currently are.

positive is so '85

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It's true about being positive. And the good news is, there are enough people out there that are affecting changes in racing for the better in this country, especially where gravity events are concerned. And in my opinion, NORBA doesn't hate the gravity set... I really just think that NORBA doesn't really understand us, but they're starting to.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
i was reading Decline this morning and there was an article about a DH race in Ensenada by Sean Mcclendon that was really good, the last paragraph in particular.

Come on EC, you have been, without a doubt the MOST positive guy about organizing bodies, racing, etc for the last decade and things have gotten worse, it has to get tiring for you to always look for the light at the end of the NORBA tunnel???

I've said it before, fixing this group (NORBA) is like you trying to race 2007 Nevegal on your 94' Barracuda-no matter what shock, tires, brakes you put on, hell doesnt even matter if Nico rides it and his dad and chick are support crew, its NOT GONNA WORK.

Some would say "screw you man, how are YOU fixing the problem", I am not, I am not involved in the industry anymore. I did make an attempt to make things better in my time, I just grew tired of people not listening to good ideas, not hiring good people, bla bla bla.

How does a t-shirt saying norba sucks make things better? it probably does not, but in my life I have rarely seen great things come from the 'spend time creating, not hatin' club.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
fair enough, i know people have opinions, i think thats what makes the world go round, but i don't see the point of going to a race that you think sucks and wearing a shirt that says" Norba hates you" and then racing said race....
i've always been of the mid set to spend time doing good things to make things better, call me old school or "so 85"

it's easy for these people to sit back and talk s*#t about the promoter.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
'hate' is a better motivational tool than kindness, any day. Threaten to take away Norba's paycheck and I guarantee you will see changes. Sucks, but that's the way people are....

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
im doing my part by not racing norba's and so should everyone else. boycott until they make a change. didn't anyone learn anything from the montgomery bus boycott in 1955. i did and i wasn't even born yet.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
fair enough, i know people have opinions, i think thats what makes the world go round, but i don't see the point of going to a race that you think sucks and wearing a shirt that says" Norba hates you" and then racing said race....
i've always been of the mid set to spend time doing good things to make things better, call me old school or "so 85"

it's easy for these people to sit back and talk s*#t about the promoter.
People choose to put their energy into other things I guess, I just don't have a problem with people voicing their opinion about something they find to be rather sh1tty. I do not think anyone is talking crap about the promoter, more the organizing body (NORBA and in my case UCI).

Maybe I am wrong, but thats where I want to hear opinions that might enlighten my small brain. ;)

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
stik and i have been talking bout this off forum and here is a point i want to make then i'm done.

Fair enough if you don't like the current way, but think about this.
if we continue to say gravity sucks, it will continue to get less support and as we get less support less people race, with smaller numbers the chance of someone coming in with an alternative series grows, if the numbers aren't there it makes no sense business wise.

stik made a good point in that maybe the gravity side is just not to be a big time deal, but more of a bbq. and to that i say, awesome lets all grab our bbq's and a sixer and make it fun, quit waiting around for someone else to supply your fun...riding bikes is fun hanging out with your friends is fun, thats what i do when i race...Norba or somewhere else.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I will say this, it is and always has been a shame that Eric Carter has not been given the chance to lead a organization in some way, shape or form. If given that chance, I know main stream racing/races would be a more enjoyable experience.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I certainly don't know what will happen to DH racing in the states, but if you look at attendance at races , DH racing usually doubles and sometimes triples the amount of XC participants. To me, that means that DH racers should have the ability to change an organizations attitude to the people who actually pay for their livelihoods. If you can change an organizations attitude, you can start realizing a trickle down effect; more and better races, more racing bodies, more bike parks, etc. Not to say that it will happen overnight, but it will happen. Of course, I haven't race in almost a year, so please disregard whatever I write because I'm talking out my butt.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I will say this, it is and always has been a shame that Eric Carter has not been given the chance to lead a organization in some way, shape or form. If given that chance, I know main stream racing/races would be a more enjoyable experience.

I was always hoping EC would work in conjunction wiht some socal race organization to help take it to the next level....

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
that's a very good point, and that's precisely why i cutback on the races i was going to. i found out i was having a lot more fun riding with my buddies on the rad trails near our houses. more fun, less money, simple decision. anyone ever seen those surfing shirts that say "Surfing sucks, don't try it"? I'm not saying we need to deter people from riding bikes, but why is there this whole want for DH to blow up in the media and have tons of money. I'd like riding bikes a lot less if every time i went to a dh race or rode my favorite trails and i had to pick my way down the course through a bunch of yuppies. Keep DH racing a backyard sport with your buddies. i guess it's easier to say all this when your livelihood doesn't come from racing your bike.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
why is there this whole want for DH to blow up in the media and have tons of money. I'd like riding bikes a lot less if every time i went to a dh race or rode my favorite trails and i had to pick my way down the course through a bunch of yuppies.
Agreed 100%.

In 2013, we're gonna look back at 2003-2008 as the "sweet old days, before the trails were full of posers, and 300 guys tried to race pro, back when you knew all the guys on the seed list, and it was ok to go out drinkin' after a race..."

MTB and BMX both have gone in 5-10 year cycles of popularity to "on the down low". When it's up, everybody reminesces on the true, hard core days of ye old, and when it's down, everybody fantasizes about it being popular again. The true trick is just to stay psyched, do your own thing, and ride as much as you truly want to.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
im doing my part by not racing norba's and so should everyone else. boycott until they make a change. didn't anyone learn anything from the montgomery bus boycott in 1955. i did and i wasn't even born yet.
Yeah, but we need a catalyst and a hero. Somebody (or lots of bodies) needs to go to all the Nationals, make their own plates, not pay license or entry fees, line up with their class and race. Yes you would get in trouble. Maybe even arrested. Especially after the second or third time. Rosa Parks isn't famous for boycotting, she's famous for standing up to an oppressive power and speaking the will of the people. Any heroes out there?:thumb:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yeah, but we need a catalyst and a hero. Somebody (or lots of bodies) needs to go to all the Nationals, make their own plates, not pay license or entry fees, line up with their class and race. Yes you would get in trouble. Maybe even arrested. Especially after the second or third time. Rosa Parks isn't famous for boycotting, she's famous for standing up to an oppressive power and speaking the will of the people. Any heroes out there?:thumb:
Lol - that would be hilarious.

I'll bust out the ol' sharpie and a piece of cardboard cut from a pizza box...