Quantcast

NORBA license-question and answer

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
So, everyone wants to know how to go on the USA Cycling website and buy a Jr X/Expert or above license??? The big burning question.

Here's the answer: You can't. The reason: USA Cycling will not allow someone who has not been a license holder in the past to basically start out as an Expert. They want you to work your way up. For the most part this is a good idea-for competition and safety reasons. And for this same reason, you will not be able to show up on-site and purchase and Expert license, without having a previous license number. :banghead: That's the bad news.

The good news is there is a way around this. :happydance: Go online to USAC and purchase your license, sport or whatever. Then show up for the Beacon Blowout with a "successful race resume" wink wink, hint hint; and since one of the officials that will be there is a National Commisaire, he can and will upgrade you right then and there. I talked to him tonight and he said he will. Just make sure your "resume" shows some wins as a sport (wink wink, hint hint again) but not ridiculously over the top.

Long Story short, purchase your sport license online, show up at Beacon and we will take care of upgrading you there. This is probably the easiest way you're going to get it done anyhow.

Sorry for the hassle. But we will take care of you!:cheers:

Oh, and you didn't hear this from me!!!;)

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EDIT: What category should we purchase our license under at the usacycling site to race dh- theres like 80 different options

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
Can I sandbag?
Is it still expert and above needs a yearly license?
Anyone that only wants to day a day license and has raced expert and above should have to race open and NOT SANDBAG and race sport!

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Can I sandbag?
Is it still expert and above needs a yearly license?
Anyone that only wants to day a day license and has raced expert and above should have to race open and NOT SANDBAG and race sport!
People who sandbag make others not want to race anymore. I started out in Sport, Beginner was to lame. Found out later I was racing against people who should have been Expert but where to cheap to pay the money. You should go pick up cans on the weekend to get the money you lame F**K. Race your skill, or even better, Race in a class ABOVE your skill. That way you will have a reason to improve. I was hopeing to race Expert, my 3rd year of racing, this year, But I bought a new bike. So I'm thinking next year would be better.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I'm speaking without the rule book in front of me; but from what I remember, you can sign up for Expert if you want. The trouble comes if you find out later that you've bitten off more than you can chew. It takes a formal petition to USA Cycling to be allowed to drop back.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
I'm speaking without the rule book in front of me; but from what I remember, you can sign up for Expert if you want. The trouble comes if you find out later that you've bitten off more than you can chew. It takes a formal petition to USA Cycling to be allowed to drop back.
nah you cant just sign up, only to sport you can from what i have been told. purchase a sport license then upgrade at beacon to expert, by showing your "resume" :lighten:

hope this helps

Eren

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I decided I don't want to race expert. I am just going to race open. it is much simpler, and I like the competition a little more. should be fun for the first race.....

Kyle,