Quantcast

North* reports here-

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
So I'm going to try and be up at N* this weekend if my new bike is built up. Probably gonna be filming too just for fun since its getting later in the year and I want to have beloved memories of this sweet DH season at the star... Or I want to film it I dunno if that will happen I might just get too sucked into riding.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
So I'm going to try and be up at N* this weekend if my new bike is built up. Probably gonna be filming too just for fun since its getting later in the year and I want to have beloved memories of this sweet DH season at the star... Or I want to film it I dunno if that will happen I might just get too sucked into riding.
Lucky bastard gets to ride northstar all the time while i'm back to having nothing to ride. You really shouldn't sell the swd crazy 8, did you sell it?

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Lucky bastard gets to ride northstar all the time while i'm back to having nothing to ride. You really shouldn't sell the swd crazy 8, did you sell it?
Whatcha talking about this will be my first time at Northstar this year...:ban:

Naw I sold it. Turner DHR on the way.:busted:

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Whatcha talking about this will be my first time at Northstar this year...:ban:

Naw I sold it. Turner DHR on the way.:busted:
How much did you get for it, I finally found out why my shock was leaking, the resivor body is cracked:banghead:

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Twas great until they stopped irrigating Livewire, and grooming it. Awesome trail, they just need to stay on it. I love the race run...my fav.
I am doing the best I can out here Heath. Everyone else went to Burning Man. It was tons of fun trying to fix all the water damage from the storm by myself today.:happydance: By the way, I raked it top to bottom last week. Did anyone bring me a beer? Nope. And guess what? I will probably get to do it again tomorrow. I wake up in the middle of the night and I can't feel my hands -- not kidding, but I will stay on it.

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
I am doing the best I can out here Heath. Everyone else went to Burning Man. It was tons of fun trying to fix all the water damage from the storm by myself today.:happydance: By the way, I raked it top to bottom last week. Did anyone bring me a beer? Nope. And guess what? I will probably get to do it again tomorrow. I wake up in the middle of the night and I can't feel my hands -- not kidding, but I will stay on it.

Im the guy who was on the Grey VP free riding behind your husband and you about a month ago. I will be up friday and saturday the 7th-8th of sept testing out my new bike and just having a good ole time. I will be buying you f'ing lunch if i see you asa. I'm a little young for buying the drinks but ill throw some money for a bar tab if thats what you'd prefer. Everyone i talk to says "the woman on the new v10 was doing this, or doing that to the trails" and everytime its praise. thats the reason i keep coming back. Good on ya and thanks again! i will be on a red sinister r9, so if you see me and i miss ya, throw a rock at me :cheers:

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Thanks! I needed that:cheers: It has been a rough week. I will be riding on the weekends. Careful what you ask for, I don't throw like a girl:biggrin:

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
if you throw as good as ya ride im going to **** myself. BTW the guy who PM'd you on MTBR is my buddy who im coming up with. semi looking for a place to crash that night so we dont have to sleep in the lot at n*. haha

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Yo girlie, you know I'm not dissin'. It just surprised me to see the huge dents in the burms so quickly. I love that trail, goodness. Thanks for all your hard work, I hope you know I appreciate it. We -The Hub- are doing a trail maintenance day in D-ville shortly. Check the site for Sierra Trails-we have a trail daze on the 14/15/16.

Burning man....pah. :crazy:

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
what? I mean, there is a pedally part when you cross the road, but that is one of the best trails out there.
Where would the race course start and where would it end? Same for both beginners and experts?

I guess the start/end make a difference, but there are a few pedally sections in there. When you cross the road and for a while after that before you hit that main rockgarden. And then a bit after the main rockgarden I think there is another pretty flat section.

I just don't think it would be a fun/good trail to race down. Seems like it would be super tiring at race pace (like the normal Karpiel/Dog Bone route) but its also got some flat sections which would make it worse IMO.

Just my thoughts.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Where would the race course start and where would it end?
It would start right before the logs... there is talk of rerouting the flattish middle part and then ending going down pho dog back to the finish line berms.

I think it would be a great course.

Mind you I took a tumble on that very run this past weekend and have some deep muscle bruising in my thigh. So, I'm not really thinking about riding my bike unitl I can walk up and down the stairs without cringing.

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Sticks from just above the Log Jam. Pro/Expert will do Upper and Lower Sticks to Pho Dog. Beginner/Sport will do Upper sticks to just above the Mandatory rock drop, where a new cutoff to Speed Control has been built, then to Pho Dog.