Quantcast

North Shore

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So on our trip to Whistler we want to go to the North Shore and do some riding for a few days. Where is the best place to stay that is in the middle of all the riding? I am not familier with the area. What town is the closest place to stay? Anyone want to show us around for a few days? July 7,8, and 9?

kail

Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
Montana
Basically, anywhere in North Van is within a 15 minute drive to Mt. Fromme or Seymour. There are a lot of relatively inexpensive motels in N. V. as well, and thats where most of the bike shops are. Do yourself a favor and go to John Henry's bike shop and get yourself some laminated maps to the trails. In my opinion, the Shore is the place to ride; hands down better than Whistler.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by Kanter
So on our trip to Whistler we want to go to the North Shore and do some riding for a few days. Where is the best place to stay that is in the middle of all the riding? I am not familier with the area. What town is the closest place to stay? Anyone want to show us around for a few days? July 7,8, and 9?
Squamish is the town in the middle that you could stay in. I also hear there is some buff shuttle riding there. Or, just get a room in whistler for a few days, then a room in N van for a few. Driving up and down that road to whistler would suck, plus construction closes the road at times.

Check out: www.huckwagon.com . 5 dollar (CDN) Shuttles up seymore. Lots of fun and no hiking. If CBC is open its a blast! One of the best flowy shore trails in my opinion. Then contiue to neds or Boogieman, 2 other shore staples. Fromme is fun too, but if youve had a few good days of riding whistler, the hike/ride is brutal.

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
If you like to stay in the middle between whistler and vancouver, squamish is probably your best bet with some great riding itself. I actually prefer the riding in squamish then the shore as they are longer and provide you with everything the shore has.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
A group of us will be there in early Aug.
Like last year we hooked up with Johnny Smoke from www.bushpilots.com and we really enjoyed his guide expertise. We told him what we were prepared to handle and he took us there. I'm sure there are many guide type services out there and I'm sure you could do it yourself but the guide thing is cool cuz you don't have to worry about getting lost, driving the shuttle car, etc. .....just ride.....

have fun!