Quantcast

Norway ride pics...[more] 56k be warned!

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Instead of dusting off the old thread, I thought I'd start a new one...

Went on a ride this sunday. We spent 6 hours on the trails, a ride that would take about 3-5 to finish if you ride at a steady pace.

The weather and the trails, and the spots had us stop and shoot...ride up and down, play and laugh.

While the miles per hour-measuring was pretty low, smiles per hour went through the roof!

These mountains start 2hours from my house, are free to ride, and legal as can be. Every hiker we met laughed and smiled and though we where crazy.

Enjoy!!!

Riders and photograpehers: me(white Turner), Kristoffer(grey Turner) and Jorn(Scott)

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
great pix Jorgen!
Maybe one of these days I'll get back over there to ride with you again. This time I'll bring a spare XO rear d.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
nice. :thumb: funny how compact cameras and dSLRs handle the sky/clouds differently (i'm guessing the blue skies + non-blown out clouds = dSLR).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Very nice pictures! I'd PM Echo or IAB and request that this thread be moved to Ride Reports just so that it doesn't get buried as quickly but it's up to you.

Beautiful terrain.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I've now added Norway to the list of places I must visit/ride.
I hope you know how lucky you are to have trails like that totally open.

And that water crossing thing would never, ever work in California. Not necessarily because of the legal implications, but because most Californians are too f'ing stupid to hang on.

edit: I guess I'm in kindof a bitter mood this morning. Fed up with stupid people.

Jul 24, 2006
Jorgen said:
It is close to that area, yes.

Nerskogen to Jødalshytta.
I thought so. I'll be in the area (and allegedly staying at Kristoffer's cabin) next week so your pictures increased my stoke even more.

Cya,

An Ugly American.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Hehe, weather is supposed to be nice when you arrive too.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to join you riding this time, but we will see.

Geir has som sweet riding for you guys anyway!

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
A annual gathering at Skeikampen, Norway, 18th and 19th of august, curtesy of the website www.terrengsykkel.no the only site for mountainbikes in Norway...friday had 80 riders, saturday had 130. With beer, cabins, good food...and great riding!

Enjoy!

Cruisin'

A selection of riders from the saturday ride... my group rode for 3-5 hours(rain made my group cold and beerthirsty) the rest rode for 5-6 hours.

Some guy!

Sorry, Intense in the mountains...

the usual powwow after a nice downhilltrail...riders contemplating the next part.

Check out the eyes on the rider in the back...well, he crashes a split-second after this pic :-D

Afterride-snack

Homemade frame...Johnsen Frameworks

More afterride snacks...

To the trailhead! Fireroad heaven!

Christian og Kristoffer hovering along...Turner represent

Note the one guy not carrying his bike UP!

Of 130 riders he was the only one who made this short but VERY steep climb. Good job!

Sweet trails...

Me goofing off

Kristoffer enjoying himself...alot!

More cruisin'

Even more...

the camp...or parts of it. The GT-importer joined us and made sure we didn't get wet if rain came...

As I said...annually gathering :-)