Oh wow

2002.5/2003 SC Bullit, medium
Sherman Slider +
FSA X-drive extremes or whatever they're called for 2004
Evil/E13 SRS with 36 tooth Raceface DH ring
Planet X Clingon II pedals, really worked
XT derrailleur, LX shifter
Hayes Purple DH's, no front adaptor yet
Mag 30's, 36 hole, laced to 20mm hadley hub front, 10 mm through axle rear with 108 point engagement
Gold nipples
Tioga factory DH 2.3 rear
Panaracer Fire FR 2.4 front
Thomson Elite seatpost, 28.6
Brooklyn DH saddle
Azonic Aggro stem
Azonic doublewall 2" riser
ODI lockons

It rides like a beauty :D

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
The pedals are about to destroy themselves anyway, so I'm going to replace them when I get some money, along with the panaracer and worked tioga tires. I'm not sure why its not just any bullit, but its special to me :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Salami
Looks pretty sweet, but I am getting a nosebleed looking at how high the handlebars are :p
ditto on both points. nice bike, but once you get into this kind of build (single ring, big fork, heavy wheels), why not ride a dh bike proper?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Originally posted by Toshi
ditto on both points. nice bike, but once you get into this kind of build (single ring, big fork, heavy wheels), why not ride a dh bike proper?
Dude... it pretty much is a dh bike. If 7" of travel front and rear along with a chainguide doesn't do it for ya, I don't know what will.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by dexterq20
Dude... it pretty much is a dh bike. If 7" of travel front and rear along with a chainguide doesn't do it for ya, I don't know what will.
That's pretty much my xc bike right there...:p

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
You'd still be able to get this bike up down and around the trails, albeit with a bit more effort, but as soon as you get a DH bike, you're stuck with a single purpose machine... If he felt like it, changing the wheels and forks would change the purpose of the bike completely, and that makes for fun when you can decide what riding you want to do and what setup to run that weekend. Yay for versatility :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Rik
You'd still be able to get this bike up down and around the trails, albeit with a bit more effort, but as soon as you get a DH bike, you're stuck with a single purpose machine... If he felt like it, changing the wheels and forks would change the purpose of the bike completely, and that makes for fun when you can decide what riding you want to do and what setup to run that weekend. Yay for versatility :)
some call that versatility, i call that "having a bike that's really tall but which also can double as a cumbersome xc ride". different strokes, i guess, although i wouldn't mind having that bike, setup as a trailbike, that is... :D

(also keep in mind that i used to have a bike like this, a uzzi slx with a 6" super t, and found it overly tall yet not slack enough for real dh)

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
Thanks for the replies,

I think I'm going to cut the steerer soon, I just didn't have time before. I don't downhill that much, but I need a pretty strong bike, and I like the angles. I don't want to be stuck in one area, and this bike is more of a hardcore freeride/downhill bike for me. I love this bike...:)

kail

Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
Montana
I'm tired of seeing people bring Bullits into my shop set up for XC. You know, 5" single crown forks, light trail tires, three ring set ups, saying "dude, how can I make this lighter?" The Bullit is a DH/Freeride machine. That's why I have mine built with an Avy shock and 7" Monster T. Nice bike! Ignore the people who say it's not a DH bike.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
that's a nice bicycle! that looks like a ton of fun.......

looks like a really nice shore/freeride rig, a full on DH rig just doesn't work out for some of us.......

you ever tried riding a v10 up a inclined skinny? it's not any fun.... i'm sure tyler can do it, but for us mortals it's another story....

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I was one of the biggest anti bullit people around. My BB7 has been acting kinda funny and making lots of creaks and moans. I want something a little lighter and more "freeride" oriented. Moral of the story is nice bike, I'll be ordering mine soon.:D

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
well, it's only a 36t ring, and a relatively light fork with with SPV, but I see your point.