Quantcast

'Nother Windrock Question

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Alright, I've been drooling over all the pics and propaganda, but I'm very confused.

Here, people were saying that the shuttle road was closed and that the paved road wouldn't be ready until next year. It also seemed like the races may be in jeopardy.

However, on the DH forum, I see people are riding up there and the races are on.

Can somebody fill me in. Would it be worth making the drive down there for a weekend of riding? Is there a way to the top? I guess the races are still on, but I'd like to have a snack before I have my meal. Help.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Windrock is in the South, not Virgina or Surrounding Areas... :p

The shuttle road is closed unitl the first of Julyish. As of now the races are still on. But the road is closed with the exception of a few weekends. Like this past weekend when they had an ATV Jamboree. Unfortunately there is no way to know when it will be open until you drive up in the parking lot. So until we get on into the summer its completely a hit or miss situation. Lucky we locals can drive in there to see rather easily. If its closed we turn around and drive 20 minutes back home. If its open, we ride. :D

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Originally posted by profro
Windrock is in the South, not Virgina or Surrounding Areas... :p

oops.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, 8 hours is a long drive to get there and have to turn right back around. Guess the race weekend will be my first exposure.

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
Originally posted by profro
Like this past weekend when they had an ATV Jamboree.
Hey man, Im not calling you a liar or anything, but according to an official looking poster on the board by where you pay, on the 18th, it said that the jamboree was this coming weekend, the 22nd-25th. I heard from Joey that there is a good chance that the shuttle road will be open at least on Sunday. Don't hold me to this though, Im just telling you what i have heard second hand...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
My bad, I thought the ATV Spring Jamboree was this past weekend and the Jeep Jamboree was this coming weekend. But you couldn't get me with 10 miles of there on either. On a regular weekend the chubby, Bubba ATV train up the shuttle road is bad enough. But with an expected several thousand of them on hand....forget it. But living so close I have the luxury of picking any day to go ride.