Quantcast

NoVa Marzocchi Service Shop?

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Can anyone recommend someplace around here (Springfield) to get a 888RC worked on??? I was just riding along at Snowshoe on Quick Draw and the external compression knob (big red knob, bottom RH leg) fell off...
Along with the end of the shaft it connects to.

thanks -

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i'd call marzocchi and ship it off to them... after interbike of course, no one in the bike industry will be answering phones this week.

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Thanks.
I've done that before, but I was trying to avoid shipping a 888 all the way to Cali, not the lightest bike part out there :greedy:

That said, the last time I ordered something from Marzocchi at the LBS, they charged $$$ to ship the part (which was passed on to me) so I might not save a whole lot getting it done here when they order the parts.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i don't think i'd trust any shop outside of germantown cycles to work on a suspension fork that didn't have elastomers in it.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Outside of Germantown Cycles, as Corey stated, there aren't many shops I would trust in the area to work on a suspension fork.....or even bleed disc brakes for that matter! However, love him or hate him, Randy Filz (FilzBuilt) is a damn good mechanic if you can get ahold of him. A major plus is that he's in the Springfield area. Some people really don't like the guy, for reasons I have never been told in the near 10 years I have been in the dh scene, but you can't deny his skills as a mechanic or his passion to help you out at the races when your in a pinch! Do a search for FilzBuilt on google to get the phone number.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
bring it to Washington Bike Center in fairfax. I rebuild all my forks, 40s, boxxer wc's, 888s and a ton of xc forks. The mechanic there also knows practically everything about suspension.

novarider

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Northern VA
its having a fork rebuilt, not building a rocket ship. The Bike Lane, City Bikes, Spokes ETC, can all rebuild forks just as well as Germantown.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
Can anyone recommend someplace around here (Springfield) to get a 888RC worked on??? I was just riding along at Snowshoe on Quick Draw and the external compression knob (big red knob, bottom RH leg) fell off...
Along with the end of the shaft it connects to.

thanks -
mmm Quick draw:cheers: [upper or lower?]

Sorry i dont have anything useful to add to this thread.:biggrin:

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
It's a Marzocchi. There are 2 springs 2 cartridges 2 seals 2 bushings and the oil. Anyone can rebuild their fork. Do it yourself and save the 80 or 120 bucks that you'll get raped for in labor. You can get seals and oil at your shop for 60 bucks tops. I know some one will say you need special tools. Horse crap. I've been a bike mechanic for 18 years and anyone who knows me knows I can rebuild any marzocchi with a big flathead screwdriver and a socket set and allen wrenches. Email me I'll talk you thru it.

stra4d

Chimp
Jun 1, 2010
Baxter. Are you still active in the forum? I would love it if your offer to walk someone through rebuilding a set of Marzocchi shocks is still good. I have an older XCR that is leaking oil on one side. I ordered the rebuild seals/rings. Any help would be great. Can't seem to find a diagram or manual on these.

Thanks,
Scott

BigRichXXL

Chimp
Jul 8, 2005
Dale City, VA
Filz Built Bicycles in Springfield. Call Randy Filz at 703-451-5582. He's a Marzocchi dealer and rep. He's worked on all my Marzocchi stuff for years. Great guy! His shop is out of his house/pit truck. He's still got his big 'ol pit truck that used to be at all the races back in the day. He's also an Intense dealer and I think a Niner dealer, too. He basically builds bikes to order and does repairs, warranty work, etc. Best turnaround that I've come across.

Peace,
Big Rich