Quantcast

NSX IX - Kidwoo, you have an ass to kick

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So I picked up a copy of this last night

Kinda cool because I kept fooling myself into thinking I recognized some of the trails...

Kinda funny because the dude that was giving me the hard sell when shopping for Blindsides is in it.

Not a bad movie, but pretty low budget. I bet Kidwoo could do better.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Some of the scenes are insane, as would be expected. I liked the bit at the end with a night-snow-ride segment with all the squeaky brakes on snow covered skinnies. Pretty nuts.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sweet riding but is there an old dude doing the random voice over making jokes using dry humor?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yeah it's the trail builder doing most of the VoiceOver. I'm not sure I'd describe it as dry humour, however. Ritchey schley is in it a bunch too. I'm sure it been out for a while since the dude that tried to sell me a bike seems to have grown out of his hairstyle

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I didnt watch it with sound cuz I figured it would be some weird techno-death metal hybrid.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I didnt watch it with sound cuz I figured it would be some weird techno-death metal hybrid.
Nah, most of it is local emo-blink-182-ish... pretty painful.

I watched NWD 9 again last night. That is a well-put-together movie. There are light years (and a couple normal years, of course) between the two flicks.

Great mix of super slow-mo and regular speed.

That slow mo shot of the guy doing the backflip by the guy about 13" away from him with the helmet cam is pretty nuts.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Now I hear Kranked is the next I gotta see.

What I noticed watching the big mountain stuff in NWD 9 is that the shots are very similar to snowboard movies.

Just HUGE stuff.

Last edited:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Now I hear Kranked is the next I gotta see.
I haven't been diggin the later Kranked movies....

I find NSX movies cool because they're not high budget like the NWD movies and they aren't overly filled with "stars". I guess they're just something that I can relate to a bit easier. (plus Digger always manages a pretty sweet Simmons segment) Always fun to watch the old ones...

I'm quite partial to the Back in the Saddle movies. Seems like the best mix of stuff that I like to watch.