Quantcast

Nukeproof DH Bike

Bobodaclown

Monkey
Apr 16, 2005
London, England
looks nice and simple, clean lines, weight kept low. I'm guessing this would be in the old Glory price point - most of the NP stuff is reasonably priced and would guess this would be also.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
looks nice and simple, clean lines, weight kept low. I'm guessing this would be in the old Glory price point - most of the NP stuff is reasonably priced and would guess this would be also.
Also, since Nukeproof makes a bunch of their own components it would be cool to see an option for a complete bike. I'm sure they would be able to make it reasonably priced.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Looks great, I can't wait to hear the price because if it rides as good as it looks they could probably charge a primo price for it (if they were so inclined) ;). I like the cable routing for the rear brake; under the seat stay where a buckled wheel could potentially wreck the hose then flips to the inside for impact protection.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Yeah that's what I remembered. Weren't the old nuke hubs crazy expensive?
They were crazy expensive because you had to replace the bearings every couple of rides. Just this weekend I threw away an old Nuke Proof stem from the mid '90s. It was a short 135mm, but still looked cool.

I had issues with every Nuke Proof product I had, but still like the brand. I'm glad it was resurrected and look forward to seeing this frame.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
They were crazy expensive because you had to replace the bearings every couple of rides. Just this weekend I threw away an old Nuke Proof stem from the mid '90s. It was a short 135mm, but still looked cool.

I had issues with every Nuke Proof product I had, but still like the brand. I'm glad it was resurrected and look forward to seeing this frame.
I hear ya on those old bearings.

But the old Nukeproof was based out of Grand Rapids/Ada Michigan; the new one is out of the UK. I'm pretty sure that the only thing that has remained is the name.

--JP
P.S. Based on the photos, I eSpec that this new bike will ride awesome, be cheap, come in rootbeer, cure cancer, and give you a happy ending after each ride.

Last edited:

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
But the old Nukeproof was based out of Grand Rapids/Ada Michigan; the new one is out of the UK. I'm pretty sure that the only thing that has remained is the name.
Yeah, I know it's completely different and I almost didn't want to complain about the old company since there is no relationship. The boys in Michigan were always very helpful to me though.

I just think if you're going to bring a brand back from the dead, Nuke Proof is the one, better than say Karpiel. Cool name and logo. I wonder if the when the new owners bought the assets they also got the Nuke Proof tech support VW Vanagon. That was always coolest vehichle in the pits, at least IMO, but I also have a Vanagon so I'm biased.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
that actually looks kinda purty.
the welds look real nice too especially for a proto.
im guessing it wont be sold in the US?

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
given a bit of time it could be. It just takes a shop in the US to take them on. Ive had a little bounce on the original prototype and its sweet the new one looks great cant wait to have a proper go on one.

rekoner

Chimp
Jun 15, 2009
SE Virginia
Like the raw option and the rear drop out set up, but I agree about the bulkiness at the pivot, but pictures can be deceiving! I"d like to see it in action.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
ISCG tabs look to be Devinci'esque? Remove/Replace... ISCG/ISCG05? Your choice kind of thing? Or, is that just the way the photo seems to be? If it is that type.. bravo!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
wow, that thing looks sweet! But i think i'm Sold on the M9..... that nukeproof price is AMAZING though!