Quantcast

Nukeproof DH Bike

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Id like to see them do completes. Im curious what deals they could get being a CRC owned company.

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
I know they're designed differently with diff tech, but I can't help noticing how similar this looks to the TR450, Supreme DH, 951, etc... I guess it's the shock placement and tubing shapes.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know they're designed differently with diff tech, but I can't help noticing how similar this looks to the TR450, Supreme DH, 951, etc... I guess it's the shock placement and tubing shapes.
Even if we had many very similar bikes on the market - competition lowers prices and if its like a tr450 with better weight or some other only 1 thing better it would be a better buy. A win win situation for me. Bring moar frames!

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Frames look great, however I am confused how Brant Richards (the guy in the dirt eurobike video) knows so much about full suspension bikes when he has spent the vast majority of his career making and riding rigid singlepeeds? Having said that his previous company on-one made great value, great riding bikes and his new company Ragley seems to be getting rave reviews so he certainly knows what he's doing.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Frames look great, however I am confused how Brant Richards (the guy in the dirt eurobike video) knows so much about full suspension bikes when he has spent the vast majority of his career making and riding rigid singlepeeds? Having said that his previous company on-one made great value, great riding bikes and his new company Ragley seems to be getting rave reviews so he certainly knows what he's doing.
I don't think that there is much about suspension that can't be learnt or acquired with time and money.

With Chain Reaction behind you i would have thought that the only constraint was time.

Which is a whole different kettle of fish to the usual slew of boutique full sus frame builders.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Brants previous brands also includes planet-x. Theres a few other fairly experienced dh riders behind the development and the testing of the prototypes of both the mega and the scalp. They know a thing or two about what makes a bike good. They've been riding and racing the prototype here in Ireland all year and theres been constant tweaks as the year has gone on to refine it.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
That would be one of the irish testers. He's one of the main guys from crc him and another guy who works there have been racing the prototype in masters cat in ireland. I presume they had it at the masters euros in Pra Loup

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
funnily enough he had it at the last round of the Scottish DH series at Fort william today. don't know if he raced - it was very clean when I saw it.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
That would be one of the irish testers. He's one of the main guys from crc him and another guy who works there have been racing the prototype in masters cat in ireland. I presume they had it at the masters euros in Pra Loup
Michael Cowan?

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
might be didn't want to go sticking names up on the internet. His mate Dale who is CRCs to mechanic was also involved and I hear Ian McIntyre got 2nd in vets on it at the SDA race on sunday.