Quantcast

Nutten Check List

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Ok racers, with our race only a week away I'm racking my brain to try not to forget anything this year. I have started putting together a checklist.

Bike Stuff -
Allen Set
Tire Levers (however is anyone from Richmond Crew would pick me up some of those super cool metal ones you had last year that would be great)
3 DH tubes
Extra Seat post
Pedals (flats and clips)
2 tires
pump
beer

After Practice Cook out
-hot dogs
-ham burgs
-buns
-grill
-charcoal
-beer
-beer

other stuff
camera
dh cloths

ok thats all I can think of - please post anything else that you can think of.

I know I'm forgetting something

o-yeah

BEER!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Three more DH tubes and some patch kits! :p

I'll see if I can find the levers.
If it is the small metal levers let me know if you find some. I looked a couple months ago and couldnt find any. If you are talking about the big park levers I think I saw some at rowletts. They have the park tool display.

One other thing. If you dont already have one go get a tool box and put everything you have for working on your bike in it. If you leave something at home because you dont think you will need it suddenly you wont be able to ride you bike with out that one tool.

couple other things to get
1- at least one extra set of brake pads.
2- an assortment of lubes and grease

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
If it is the small metal levers let me know if you find some. I looked a couple months ago and couldnt find any. If you are talking about the big park levers I think I saw some at rowletts. They have the park tool display.

One other thing. If you dont already have one go get a tool box and put everything you have for working on your bike in it. If you leave something at home because you dont think you will need it suddenly you wont be able to ride you bike with out that one tool.

couple other things to get
1- at least one extra set of brake pads.
2- an assortment of lubes and grease
I was talking about the smaller levers - the silver metal ones

I'm picking up a new tool box tonight

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
I've used the big metal park levers before, and they're nice in regards to grip(in your hand and on the bead) and their overall strength.

Pedro's makes a "dh" specific lever, with some kind of plastic/rubber grip, and more of a spoon shaped end. They're nice to hold, but they don't grab onto the bead too well. Since the ends are so rounded and smooth it's impossible to damage anything with them, which could be nice for inexperienced mechanics.

My favorite tire levers in the world are sold in motorcycle shops, and they have been around much longer than the Pedro's or Park levers. They're virtually the same as the pedro's lever to the naked eye. The handles are made of a tough red plastic that's very easy to hang onto, the business ends have more of a curve to them than the pedro's design, they hold onto anything, and never destroy a tire or tube. Any motorcycle shop should have these available in sets of two, even though one is always enough, for less than $20.

so I just made the longest post of my life about 3 different tire levers....yup I'm a bike geek.:lighten:

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
and some damn rain gear cuz i hear its supposed to rain saturday. looks like the course is gonna be mud. weds + thurs. is scattered t-storms, sat=showers...*sigh*

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
What the hell type of wheel tire combo are you guys using that you need those big ass levers? Just wondering.
I agree with Baxter. Just what crazy stuff are you running? I rarely need tire levers, except when changing out silly roadie tires, since they're so freakin skinny. And thats really just at the shop I work at. I guess if you have some nasty stiff sidewalls, maybe. But damn, I've never needed that much leverage.:twitch:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I agree with Baxter. Just what crazy stuff are you running? I rarely need tire levers, except when changing out silly roadie tires, since they're so freakin skinny. And thats really just at the shop I work at. I guess if you have some nasty stiff sidewalls, maybe. But damn, I've never needed that much leverage.:twitch:
That's why I like the smaller Lifu one's. They're just right.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Hey!! We need tire levers to remove YOU from the Village...:shocked:

:D