Quantcast

<~(o)~>Fried day <~(o)~>

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
bought a bunch of shit from aliexpress yesterday as I need some angled risers and spending more saved me more. Got some sunglasses, another headlight, and a taillight mount for the garmin varia.

still gotta get some new dadcore sneakers.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Rode yesterday, some tough climbing... legs are heavy today.
New bike is breaking in nicely. Best tech/advancement vs old bike... wider rims. Worst tech... dropper post.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nothing is wrong with it, I just don't see the benefit and never use it.
Do you not set your seat height at full leg extension when not dropped?

/me is sleepy today. Up late with video games. Not working today so errands.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Do you not set your seat height at full leg extension when not dropped?

/me is sleepy today. Up late with video games. Not working today so errands.
probably 80% of full leg extension

I'm sure it's because I've ridden sans dropper for 20 years and I'm comfortable riding that way. Dropping the post away makes me feel out of control... I like having the saddle between my legs to stay in contact with the bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Hmm, where to ride tomorrow?

Order a fluid extractor to start doing oil changes on the VW. Just need to find a source for filters, too bad OEM ones aren't cheap here like in the US.

Also, spoke with my old manager yesterday discussing the workplace stuff, lack of direction and how no one has bothered to let me know whats going on after 5 months. It was a good talk, it sucks that he's no longer my manager.

I think spoke with my managers manager last night and flat out said how I'm upset with essentially being shoved into a corner and forgotten (or so thats how it feels). Based on his response I caught him off guard with that, which is good. He admitted that it's his fault.

Now lets see what they do. He basically regurgitated what he said back in December. If the same crap happens again, I'm out.

Last edited:
probably 80% of full leg extension

I'm sure it's because I've ridden sans dropper for 20 years and I'm comfortable riding that way. Dropping the post away makes me feel out of control... I like having the saddle between my legs to stay in contact with the bike.
I have had to learn to use a dropper, and find it quite useful for comfort, especially on longer rides. I move it full down relatively infrequently.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I have had to learn to use a dropper, and find it quite useful for comfort, especially on longer rides. I move it full down relatively infrequently.
I'm sure a big part of it is familiarity, or lack there of. I can see myself setting the post a smidge higher if I could get good at dropping it only a few inches rather than all the way. It's something I need to be very conscious of when doing/using it, and I just don't have the interest or the patience right now... I'd rather just ride.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yeah! We have six weeks of nearly perfect conditions!
It goes
Winter
Mud season
Mosquito season
Hero dirt season with some post holing up high
Black fly season
Fire/smoke season
Good dirt/fall
Dry and cold
Winter
Sounds fantastic! I can see why you live there.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
We're having an office "potluck" here at the office today. Started off with a company-wide email from the receptionist on Monday, stating that we would be having lunch in the office on Friday. No explanation of why or what. Ok, cool. I find out from word-of-mouth on Wednesday morning that it's going to be a barbecue. Even better. Sometime on Wednesday it morphs into a potluck, with a sign-up sheet. I don't have the time or inclination to make anything on two days' notice, so FTS.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I’ve almost eaten enough mole on this trip.

FD32D41D-45B5-4141-8683-D4CEA8DF3200.jpeg

Good trails again yesterday, followed by a tour of a mezcaleria which was really neat. One long ride on tap for today, on a trail that is a thousand years old so we’re told.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was a long day at work yesterday prepping a conference paper. And like most days when I sit in front of a computer working on mindless tasks for 12 hours I got no sleep last night.