Quantcast

Oakley Thump "digital music eyewear"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
do people really have those teeth? i thought only rap stars did...

then again p.diddy has his diamond encrusted ipod, so maybe marketing through rap stars is effective...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
$400! yikes, don't wear those in a bad neighborhood.

THe speakers are adjustable so you can yet in background noise. Sounds like a cool feature for riders who need to hear the trail too!

Troy Lee needs to put an mp3 player in a helmet, that'd be sweet!

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
I saw a pair of the pre-production Thumps the other day at work. It's a cool idea but I wouldn't front up the cash for them unless I got them for a deal I couldn't pass up.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
They can have 128 mb or 256 mb's.

Coming this winter, OAKLEY THUMP™. The world's first digital music eyewear. No more wires. Just high-performance optics forged with an integrated, state-of-the-art digital audio engine. Listen to music virtually anywhere. Change the way you see and hear the world. OAKLEY THUMP comes in seven color combinations and two types: a 128 MB version for $395 and a 256 MB version with polarized lenses for $495
It is all on the site. Just check it.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I think that's Ol' Dirty that they have sporting them. I can't imagine why they picked him but he is one funny dude. As for the glasses, I would definitely rock a pair if it was 100 dollars.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
naah, the weirdest thing from oakley was that extremetly overpriced leather beenie with like leather locks.
a frend of mine got one. hahahahahahaha! it was funny. we are still laughing at him.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
so when lil john is like 75(if he lives that long) and comes off of his constant crack high, is he gonna look at the mirror, see those teeth and scream [lil john voice]"what" [/lil john voice]

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Andy_B said:
HP and IPOD are in bed together now... go to the HP site and take a look
more accurately HP is selling Apple iPods. "IPOD" is not a company.

http://h10049.www1.hp.com/music/us/en/ipod_flash.html

the hp ipods were going to be a pasty shade of blue but i guess hp decided to completely swallow its pride and ship bone stock ipods. the only differences now are the hp logo, where you can buy them, and who you go to for support. i'd personally pick apple support over hp's any day, but that's just me...

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Toshi said:
more accurately HP is selling Apple iPods. "IPOD" is not a company.

http://h10049.www1.hp.com/music/us/en/ipod_flash.html

the hp ipods were going to be a pasty shade of blue but i guess hp decided to completely swallow its pride and ship bone stock ipods. the only differences now are the hp logo, where you can buy them, and who you go to for support. i'd personally pick apple support over hp's any day, but that's just me...
Does the HP come configured for PC's?

Mabye that's the difference.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
ViolentVolante said:
so when lil john is like 75(if he lives that long) and comes off of his constant crack high, is he gonna look at the mirror, see those teeth and scream [lil john voice]"what" [/lil john voice]
HAHAHA! nice!

As for the question of do people really have those teef? There is a market for it for sure. I was in SF one night in a seedy ass neighborhood (going to a concert at the Warfield) and I saw a dentist office (open at like 8 pm) called Gold Teefuses....no sh!t. I wanted to stop to take a picture of the place, but I didn't have my camera.

Funky Monk

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
near El circulo Polar Arctico
A cool idea...they're not that expensive considering the fact that a pair of top notch regular oakley's costs almost as much?

If the sound quality isn't total **** I can picture myself shelling out some cash for a pair.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Jesus said:
Does the HP come configured for PC's?

Mabye that's the difference.
iPods straight from apple already work with pcs and macs. this has been the way ever since iTunes for windows was released way back when.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
seems like they would be heavy and slide down when you move around and stuff.

horrible idea.

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
1) They look like a childs toy. 'crazy alien space glasses'
2) They're probably heavy
3) They cost more than a pair of sunglasses and a nice MP3 player
4) What do you do if you want to listen to music and you are somewhere that isn't bright and sunny?
5) What if you want to wear sunglasses somewhere they're likely to get wet (like in a boat)?

Terrible idea, terrible execution.

J

JRB

Transcend said:
Lopes wore his during nationals last weekend. I am told they are super light, and you dont even feel them on your head. Gotta go try me a pair.

Please post pics when you do so we can all laugh. Make sure you have the teeth too though. :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
loco-gringo said:
Please post pics when you do so we can all laugh. Make sure you have the teeth too though. :D
Can't really tell from far, as they look like normal glasses. I don't see what is to laugh at, they protect from sun, and play music. 2 pretty good features to me.

Besides, they are better then his kim jong il sunglasses from the last national.
:mumble:

J

JRB

Transcend said:
Can't really tell from far, as they look like normal glasses. I don;t see what is to laugfh at, they protect from sun, and play music. 2 pretty good features to me.

Besides, they are better then his kim jong il sunglasses from the last national.
:mumble:

So you're not getting the teeth???

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
HAHA!

I would love a pair of diamond encrusted teef...and I do have a birthday coming...

You sure you don't just want your name in gold???

J

JRB

Not that these wouldn't look great on you, and not that we don't think you are worth $930 plus $25 for a started kit. ;)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ViolentVolante said:
i dont know, but i was in baltimore a weeks ago for the bike battle and 1/2 the black guys and some women in that city had them
Dewd, i think we got lost in the same areas, man there was some rough neighborhoods down there... :nopity:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hahahaha.

we need a pic of someone wearing the oakley leather beenie, WITH them glasses, WITH them teef, and name in the gold collar.

+10 points if its in a roadie spandex outfit, or +100 if its with a smoking, white socks and the respectable cape.