Quantcast

octalink to isis....same bb size?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
sent this already, but i'll post here, too:

well, you know how when you go from tapered to ISIS, you generally have to get a longer spindle? well, the kid was running an XT set up on his Astrix hardtail. he bought my FSA 73/113, and it's appearing to be too short. that just seems odd to me, that a HT would use a 118 spindle width.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
After thought, I'm wandering if the kid is trying to fit a dual bashring setup on it.

Because most cranksets come in triples and doubles and are spaced from the granny gear to ramp outwards. If the kid is trying a dual bash ring setup on it, you have two bashrings of the same size you do away with the smaller gear and the kid probably did not take into consideration the clearance issues a second bash ring would produce. I bet you this is the case.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
the Inbred said:
sent this already, but i'll post here, too:

well, you know how when you go from tapered to ISIS, you generally have to get a longer spindle? well, the kid was running an XT set up on his Astrix hardtail. he bought my FSA 73/113, and it's appearing to be too short. that just seems odd to me, that a HT would use a 118 spindle width.
My .243 uses a 118mm BB spindle.