Quantcast

Odd air shock question

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I'm relatively clueless to the inner-workings of air shocks. My question is in regards to the Monarch from Rock Shox. Is it possible to internally adjust the stroke length with the use of a spacer (or any method for that matter), and if such a modification existed, would it severly throw off the ride of the shock? I'm currently looking at a bike with a non-standard shock size and based on the issues I've seen with the stock shock, in addition to the company producing it, I'm looking at ways around running it. A standard size Monarch just barely fits due to the linkage bottoming out on the BB shell, so the stroke-decreased would be minimal (roughly 5mm). The shock is the biggest deal breaker for me since I'm a fan of the geo and linkage design. Is shortening a Monarch even possible, and why/why not. Educate me.

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
BUMP, maybe someone who knows will see it tonight since it went to the bottom pretty quickly this morning.

Inkhell

Chimp
Jul 15, 2002
Golden
Can most likely have a susp tuner reduce the stroke but I've never seen a homemade reducer. Just need to limit the stroke with an internal bumper or something. You could send a note to Push Industries and see what they recommend.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
give avy a shout, if anyone is going to do it, he would be most likely to do so.

avy = avalanche shocks