Quantcast

Odd spoke lengths, where to buy? urgent help needed.

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
I need to build a 24" wheel for my Big hit. I was thinking of doing a Sun/Intense Mag 30, I think the ERD is 475mm. On XT disk rims 36hole 3X. The lenghts that I get are 225mm and 223mm. The problem is that no one in town stocks those sizes, and SBS and Downeast don't have them in stock either. I Checked about every website that I could and no one stocks those sizes. Did I goof on the calculation. I even went down to a 32 hole but the shortest spokes I can find are 236mm. Can anyone help? I need the spokes ASAP so I can ride my bike.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
When I had to replace some spokes on my 24" Doublewide, no shop in town had the right length...237mm I believe. Anyways, many shops have a spoke cutting tool that will cut the spokes down to your desired length at no extra charge. Just ask them if they can cut it for you. Doesn't hurt to ask. Hope this helps.

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
its all well and good to have a shop cut your spokes...but if you want them to think highly of you volenteer to do it yourself...i know i have probly threaded 1000 spokes and it is no fun. easy...but time consuming, and in busy months a pain for sure. i too ride 24" doublewides and just find it easier to thread your own spokes rather than search for some.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by trialsmasta
I need to build a 24" wheel for my Big hit. I was thinking of doing a Sun/Intense Mag 30, I think the ERD is 475mm. On XT disk rims 36hole 3X. The lenghts that I get are 225mm and 223mm. The problem is that no one in town stocks those sizes, and SBS and Downeast don't have them in stock either. I Checked about every website that I could and no one stocks those sizes. Did I goof on the calculation. I even went down to a 32 hole but the shortest spokes I can find are 236mm. Can anyone help? I need the spokes ASAP so I can ride my bike.
just call up Dans competetition, they will have what you need for sure...or go to www.danscomp.com .....D