Quantcast

off-air TV antennas

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Cable TV isn't offered where I live, so I've been using an off-air antenna to pick up the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox). I can get them all, but with varying degress of clerity. Fox is clearly the worst, and Fox is the channel I watch most (usually for sports).

Anyone have any tips for getting picking up off-air TV signals? I'm using the antenna below and have played around with the ears/ring looking for better reception.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
As far as powered antennas... they make some that go outside, which supposedly work way better than the ones that sit on top of your TV. I messed around with those a bit last year during my off-the-air HDTV experiment. If you spend more money you MIGHT get better reception... use the "no questions asked" return policy from someplace like Circuit City to try a bunch of different antennas out and see what works best.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I've got DirectTV... but they don't offer the major networks (don't get me started on those bastards...)
Yeah man I hear ya! I need to get something besides basic cable... however mine is free now since we're on the same line as the landlords.

Ha @ Echo....

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
While living in a college dorm with no cable and similar antenna's, my friends and I discovered that long expossed copper wires and tin foil make a big difference. Also good for cooking food.