Quantcast

off to Portland in the morning

Jan 24, 2011
If you love Portland there's a new show on IFC that I just discovered called "Portlandia" a hilarious look at all the original characters in Portland. There's a free preview on itunes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Voodoo Donuts is on the agenda, I hope. Bacon maple bar?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Have fun, should be a nice weekend. Portland is always fun to visit. If you like spicy then I'd recommend Salvador Molly's.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
go to a strip club. i hear there is one where a stripped crushes beer cans with her titties.
(I hope that is a true story)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
go to a strip club. i hear there is one where a stripped crushes beer cans with her titties.
(I hope that is a true story)
:rofl:

I saw a show like that at the Sandy Jug (now called the Pirates Cove or something) many years ago. Good times in Portland.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
No Trip to Portland is complete without a visit to a McMenamins. Doesn't really matter which one, though the Edgefield is my favorite.
To be honest, I hate McM's. Well, they are cool to look around at because they are in unique buildings with cool decorations, but the beer and the service are the suck. THE SUCK! I live 4 blocks from one and only go there for the movie theatre.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
To be honest, I hate McM's. Well, they are cool to look around at because they are in unique buildings with cool decorations, but the beer and the service are the suck. THE SUCK! I live 4 blocks from one and only go there for the movie theatre.
I used to live a mile from the Grand Lodge and felt the same way about the service. I have never been to the theater at the Lodge, but we used to hit the course at the Edgefield and catch a flick after many beers.

Terminator is an ok stout, but there are SO many better options in town.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Maybe my experience at McM's is different because a very good friend of mine works for/manages some of the operation for them. Always a great time, and I've rarely ever paid full price, or at all, for anything. :weee: I'll give you the food is meh (except for breakfast @ the edgfield black rabbit :drool:) and there is better beer to be had in pdx, but I like the whole "experience" immensely. I've only spent a little time in the Bend location (couple beers and a burger) so I can't say much about that one.