Quantcast

Official 'FOLLOW ME' teaser (it's realllllly good)

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I really think Anthill (formerly The collective) is the best group of riders/filmmakers/friends. They have a very special chemistry running among them, and to me, that, and having ACTUAL filmmakers in the crew is what has them one step ahead of the rest. The whole concept of riding with your friends is... well, I like it. After all, most of us go out to have a good time with our friends, enjoying what we have in common (bikes, nature, gnarly jumps, etc), and possibly discovering some other common interests...

Eat that, Kranked and NWD!!!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I really think Anthill (formerly The collective) is the best group of riders/filmmakers/friends. They have a very special chemistry running among them, and to me, that, and having ACTUAL filmmakers in the crew is what has them one step ahead of the rest. The whole concept of riding with your friends is... well, I like it. After all, most of us go out to have a good time with our friends, enjoying what we have in common...
Exactly! I like the idea of a film based on the camaradarie between riders. It's refreshing to have a film that focuses on this and the beauty of the landscape we all ride in. I think this is something that a lot of other films have either lacked or overlooked completely and I think it's something that will set this film apart from all others. This sport of DH and FR that we all love... some have said that at a competitive level it is a singular sport of 1 individual against the clock - and I agree with this to a certain extent... but I must say it's the relationships you form through the sport and the friends you ride with that truely push the progression of the individual AND the sport. To see your favorite riders out there hanging out together and having a good time riding with each other - it reminds me of some of the early skate/snow boarding films of the early 90's... It's something everyone can relate to - just getting together with friends and ripping it up, trading stories, and enjoying the scenery.

The orchestral arrangements that are used instead of the usual metal/thrash/punk backing tracks are also a very refreshing and welcome deviation from the norm. The music really sets the mood for a film segment and nothing does this better than the proper orchestral piece. Imagine "Star Wars" or "Raiders of The Lost Ark" without the accompanying orchestral musical scores. In addition, the orchestral score gives the film a feel of legitimacy like that of a "regular" film you would see at the theatre.

The filming elements aren't anything new (aerial, zip line, "First person", etc.) - but the WAY they are being used in conjunction with the subject matter is refreshing.

The increased use of aerial footage in DH/FR films is something I've wanted to see for a long time. It's expensive, but the shots they generate are EPIC. From what I could tell I saw a decent mix of aerial, zip line, and "first person" footage being used - bonus for that too. The quick segment where the camera follows the 2 riders slashing berms in the dust - kind of gave things a "Days of Thunder" kind of feel. Very cool.

If I were to do a film - it would be exactly like this.

Last edited:

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
Exactly! I like the idea of a film based on the camaradarie between riders. It's refreshing to have a film that focuses on this and the beauty of the landscape we all ride in. I think this is something that a lot of other films have either lacked or overlooked completely and I think it's something that will set this film apart from all others. This sport of DH and FR that we all love... some have said that at a competitive level it is a singular sport of 1 individual against the clock - and I agree with this to a certain extent... but I must say it's the relationships you form through the sport and the friends you ride with that truely push the progression of the individual AND the sport. To see your favorite riders out there hanging out together and having a good time riding with each other - it reminds me of some of the early skate/snow boarding films of the early 90's... It's something everyone can relate to - just getting together with friends and ripping it up, trading stories, and enjoying the scenery.

The orchestral arrangements that are used instead of the usual metal/thrash/punk backing tracks are also a very refreshing and welcome deviation from the norm. The music really sets the mood for a film segment and nothing does this better than the proper orchestral piece. Imagine "Star Wars" or "Raiders of The Lost Ark" without the accompanying orchestral musical scores. In addition, the orchestral score gives the film the feel of a kind of legitimacy like that of a "regular" film you would see at the theatre.

The filming elements aren't anything new (aerial, zip line, "First person", etc.) - but the WAY they are being used in conjunction with the subject matter is refreshing.

The increased use of aerial footage in DH/FR films is something I've wanted to see for a long time. It's expensive, but the shots they generate are EPIC. From what I could tell I saw a decent mix of aerial, zip line, and "first person" footage being used - bonus for that too. The quick segment where the camera follows the 2 riders slashing berms in the dust - kind of gave things a "Days of Thunder" kind of feel. Very cool.

Ummmm, I have nothing more to add :shocked: :D

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

The orchestral arrangements that are used instead of the usual metal/thrash/punk backing tracks are also a very refreshing and welcome deviation from the norm. The music really sets the mood for a film segment and nothing does this better than the proper orchestral piece. Imagine "Star Wars" or "Raiders of The Lost Ark" without the accompanying orchestral musical scores. In addition, the orchestral score gives the film the feel of a kind of legitimacy like that of a "regular" film you would see at the theatre.

Now, that's what I wanted to say. Thanks for expressing it so clearly!