Quantcast

Ohlins TTX - "Missing click"

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
A quick one for TTX owners. There are supposed to be 7 "clicks" of rebound (i.e: 8 adjustments) , however mine only has 6.

Does anyone else have this issue and / or know what the problem might be?

Mr Nug

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
UK
They probably saw your name on the order and sent you the simplified version

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
A quick one for TTX owners. There are supposed to be 7 "clicks" of rebound (i.e: 8 adjustments) , however mine only has 6.

Does anyone else have this issue and / or know what the problem might be?
The shock has seven 'points' of adjustment, resulting in six clicks between them. No problem.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
The shock has seven 'points' of adjustment, resulting in six clicks between them. No problem.
Thanks for the clarification, pretty sure I felt 7 clicks of adjustment on someone else's TTX, hence my confusion.

Last edited:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
how does it work so far? What previous shocks can you compare it to?
Not spent enough time on it to give an definitive review, especially since I've been pissing about with the bike set-up as a whole a lot.

I've had a CCDB / CCDBair / BOS Stoy / Fox RC4 to compare, however only the CCDB was on this bike, none of the others.

I can only really comment to say that "it does what it says on the tin" - which is a good thing.

Last edited:

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
I've spent 4 months on mine. My first thoughts where that I had it tuned by the end of the first day better than any shock I've owned on my demos (CCDB, vivid air, rc4) it works so well I find myself forgetting about anything that happens behind my front wheel. It's great on huge impacts and even better with small chatter. I didn't realize how good until I hoped on another rear shock for a run. It eliminates the small stuff. Another thing is I have basically stopped getting rear flats and I have been playing with some low pressures (24-25psi)

I have been running the hsc with 2 clicks, the lsc with 3 clicks, and rebound with 2 clicks. On a 388lbs spring. I weigh 155 geared up.

I have ridden this thing on everything from highland smooth Bermy trails to super high speed rocky sections at mountain creek and everything in between and it hasn't showed a weakness

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
I've spent 4 months on mine. My first thoughts where that I had it tuned by the end of the first day better than any shock I've owned on my demos (CCDB, vivid air, rc4) it works so well I find myself forgetting about anything that happens behind my front wheel. It's great on huge impacts and even better with small chatter. I didn't realize how good until I hoped on another rear shock for a run. It eliminates the small stuff. Another thing is I have basically stopped getting rear flats and I have been playing with some low pressures (24-25psi)

I have been running the hsc with 2 clicks, the lsc with 3 clicks, and rebound with 2 clicks. On a 388lbs spring. I weigh 155 geared up.

I have ridden this thing on everything from highland smooth Bermy trails to super high speed rocky sections at mountain creek and everything in between and it hasn't showed a weakness
What he said.
I honestly thought my frame was broken the first time I rode it. I just installed a spring bearing, can't wait to ride this weekend.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
op- curious if you are looking for the adjuster to be more open, more closed, or just another click in the middle?

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
op- curious if you are looking for the adjuster to be more open, more closed, or just another click in the middle?
I'm quite particular abouI my rebound speed, and run it slower than most people. I was just thinking that there might be "one more" in the "middle" somewhere.