Quantcast

OK, new question...............diets

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
MBC said to eat little meals throughout the day.................

How much, how often..........................

etc......etc............

what do I do?

or what through the day do I eat?

How do I plan this diet?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's all relative.

I eat a small breakfast before my commute

Oatmeal with raisins and walnuts at 9:30 (oatmeal is very filling)

Lunch at 11:30

A handful or so of crackers (I like oatmeal crunch graham crackers) at 1:30

Fruit at about 3:30

Then depending if I'm riding, some sort of bar (power, nutrigrain..) at around 4:30

Light dinner depends on when I'm done riding.

Other ideas are carrot sticks, unbuttered popcorn, I also like cheerios and raisins mixed.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Endo Verendo
Sounds healthy Heidi. How come whenever I've seen you eat it's always things like fried fish sandwiches and things with lot's of fat on it?
I don't know, why?

dg806

Chimp
Apr 26, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Shoot for somewhere around 1-2 lbs per week. Anymore than that will be water weight which you will put right back on! I would suggest staying away from foods high in carbs like potatoes, pasta and anything that contains SUGAR!!! Stick with foods high in protein(as these are harder to burn and your body will burn more fat burning these foods) and slow burning carbs such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes and brown rice(no white rice) Watch fruits high in sugar also like bannana's. Stick with apples instead. Chicken and tuna are your friends along with lots of water. Green salads are also great with a little olive oil!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Originally posted by dg806
Shoot for somewhere around 1-2 lbs per week. Anymore than that will be water weight which you will put right back on! I would suggest staying away from foods high in carbs like potatoes, pasta and anything that contains SUGAR!!! Stick with foods high in protein(as these are harder to burn and your body will burn more fat burning these foods) and slow burning carbs such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes and brown rice(no white rice) Watch fruits high in sugar also like bannana's. Stick with apples instead. Chicken and tuna are your friends along with lots of water. Green salads are also great with a little olive oil!
Thanks.......................been doing well, but realized I'm NOT burning the fats properly.......................

I have so far been real good with under 1500 CAlories a day.........

I feel better.................

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Nutrition scientists have found no scientific evidence number of meals improving or harming your diet. Here is another good one - the average weight loss of a dieter after five years is ZERO. You can't diet, you must change you lifestyle as was mentioned before.

Originally posted by syadasti
Nutrition scientists have found no scientific evidence number of meals improving or harming your diet.
by eating more consistantly, you don't spike your blood sugar levels and you don't get hungry between meals.

Here is another good one - the average weight loss of a dieter after five years is ZERO. You can't diet, you must change you lifestyle as was mentioned before.

AMEN!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

Are you sure that's enough for you? even I do 1800!
Actually it's OK!!!! Small meals and healthy snacks during the day are working. My mindset is now on NOT touching the yuckie stuff.

Like going into the gas station and going, "Oh look, beef jerky"

feelin' good....

T

Tenaciousle0

Originally posted by dg806
Yup, you can only lose two pounds of fat per week, anything else is water or muscle weight.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

beef jerky has a ton of protein in it!

and most of it is 98% fat free.

ps. i cut my food intake to about 1500 calories and i started dreaming about food, i was so hungry. becareful you dont want to binge.