Quantcast

OK VA and surrounding areas monkeys, show us your XC rig!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Westy said:
Those old mongoose hardtails are great. :thumb:
It's Ti baby!!!! That bike is a blast to ride!!! With all of the great trails around Richmond, I had to get an XC bike....It also means more saddle time.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
VT Mtbkr said:
Thanks! It better last me for awhile longer since I've formed this new very expensive downhill habit.

yeah, but the XC is fun here in Richmond, so, more money on another style close to home....The trails here are incredible!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I wanted to go clipless on mine, and finally decided to go with the CrankBrothers Mallet C's. I know the Candi's are lighter, almost by half, but I feel really comfortable with them. Its also the same pedal I use on the downhill rig.

I have SPD's, but they were real hard for me to clip into and many times ended up being preoccupied with getting into them. The Mallets seem to find themselves in when I get into a situation where I need to clip out and get back in real quick.

OK, My Ti beauty weighs in at 25.5 lbs. What are some of the other weights?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
sirknight6 said:
OK, My Ti beauty weighs in at 25.5 lbs. What are some of the other weights?
My 29er is ~26 lbs and the Voodoo is ~24 lbs :)

You gotta lose all that shifty stuff, that will get the weight down. :D

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
i dont really ride it as a XC bike....kind of as a i guess my bike can handle it.:rolleyes:

im kinda borrowing those drop offs form mindlessfr but i kinda want to get a more resonable fork for it...any surgestions? i dont really want to spend too much for it but i want something to go better on it than my manitou splice's that came on it.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I know that SK6's bike can weight in at 21lb's because that use to be mine. Hope he has as much fun on it as I did!! I up gradeed to a FS and never rode it any more, so I sold it out as parts then he built it up. I will post my rig later.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BikeGeek said:
:eek: Holy cow! I have to look at your build again.
It's a bit different now. Some changes include TI hardware, TI WTB saddle, Bulldog UST's. It's nuts having a MTB at that weight. Still doesn't make me superman climbing the steeps on a 32x18 though :rolleyes:

With the present heat and humidity, I can only take about 1 1/2 hours of mashing before I am totally spent on that thing. It's great, feels like when I first hoped back on the MTB. Completely exhausted at the end of the day.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
XC in Central Virginia is awesome. So instead of letting it pass by, I want to get riding on 'em. Winters are pretty mild here so year round riding is actually doable! :thumb:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
sirknight6 said:
XC in Central Virginia is awesome. So instead of letting it pass by, I want to get riding on 'em. Winters are pretty mild here so year round riding is actually doable! :thumb:
Yep, I was riding 3-4 times a week in Jan. and Feb. even. :cool:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
jaekormtb said:
OK, here goes. Yeah, XC is the bread and butter. Of course, DH is the microbrew. And Steet/park is the whiskey!!
DAMN, that litespeed is the tits!

Like the SS too, we should get a little SS group ride together sometime for Walnut or something.

Also, you down for a small little Super D race close to Afton? It'll be unofficial for fun type race on a course I know you have ridden plenty before.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
G-spot said:
hERE'S MY NEW RIDE BOUGHT IT BACK IN jULY LAST YEAR ,WHILE HOME ON LEAVE, AND STARTED RIDING THI PAST jANUARY.
Gotta host your pic on the web to link it like that.

hurlykid6900

Chimp
Oct 23, 2005
C-Ville Rep yo
Hey, mud n sweat I'd love to see a Super D race in Afton, Where is this course you speak of, I live right in Afton, I like to go ride it some time. Did I ride with you at redish?

novarider

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Northern VA
21 inch 1994 cannondale killer v 2000, 23 pounds. I am the original owner. Specs include: 8 Speed XTR Rapid fire shifters/brakes, Avid 7 v-brakes, XT crank and front and rear derailleurs, Mavic 230 front rim, 231 rear rim (cant get either one anymore), Race Face seatpost, WTB saddle, Hutchinson Scorpion 2.3 tires, with velox rim tape, SRAM PC-68 chain, Shimano PD-M324 Clipless pedals.

Attachments