Quantcast

Okay Yeti has now gone and done it!! Orange 575!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
They've gone and come out with orange as a color option for the 2005 575s.......I'm a sucker for orange bikes (and I don't even own one in that color yet).

I may have to start an '05 Orange Yeti 575 Savings fund immediately!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

All you 575 riders out there - how are you digging your new rides??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Yep Yep Yep - I'll admit to it. Oh man I'm envisioning that Orange Yeti paired up to a Rock Shox Pike or something similar up front......mmmmmmmmmmm.........tasty!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
oh man and now I learn that 2005 Hecklers will feature new Fox DHX shocks and different 5th elements to give that frame 5.6" of travel..........someone buy my Balfa in the buy and sell please to get me on my way to one of these new babies!

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
MM- I am also looking at the 575 as a new bike choice for next year. It looks like a sweet ride but I got one cold long winter to help me decide what I want for sure.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
C_Mo said:
One more for the orange lovers. enjoy :cool:

That's looks lovely.. never heard about Ram-bikes.

Here;s another from a friend of mine: :thumb:

Before this he had a 24 Bicycles Le Dude, but he went to Winterberg bikepark (Germany), 2 times, and this bike was somuch faster. No loss of power, because of pedaling, and much faster in curves. And speedbumps he does'nt even notice them.

A very big difference between those 2 bikes.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
MMcG,
You pretty much know how I feel about my 575........well I need to make sure you know :D

Although I didn't ride it much during July & August, I changed a few things recently to make it more of an all around bike, not just an XC racer set up.

I added maxxis Larson TT 2.35 single ply tires, platform pedals and an aluminum easton handlebar(bar was carbon). I still plan on putting on a bashgaurd in place of the big ring, but haven't had much time to make one yet.

The bike weighs 27.4 lbs and feels much more solid than it did before, mostly having more rubber. The only other thing I want to do is tune the rear shock more towards play like reducing the spv pressure.

All that said, I am still very happy with this bike and plan on riding it for some time.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Instigator said:
MMcG,
You pretty much know how I feel about my 575........well I need to make sure you know :D

Although I didn't ride it much during July & August, I changed a few things recently to make it more of an all around bike, not just an XC racer set up.

I added maxxis Larson TT 2.35 single ply tires, platform pedals and an aluminum easton handlebar(bar was carbon). I still plan on putting on a bashgaurd in place of the big ring, but haven't had much time to make one yet.

The bike weighs 27.4 lbs and feels much more solid than it did before, mostly having more rubber. The only other thing I want to do is tune the rear shock more towards play like reducing the spv pressure.

All that said, I am still very happy with this bike and plan on riding it for some time.

Instigator - how would you compare it to the Heckler in terms of rideability, burlyness, toughness etc.?

Can the 575 handle everything that a Heckler could handle?

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
MMcG said:
Instigator - how would you compare it to the Heckler in terms of rideability, burlyness, toughness etc.?

Can the 575 handle everything that a Heckler could handle?

I will give you a no on that question. The 575 in my opinion is not as burly/strong as the heckler. I actually spent july and aug on the heckler. I bought the heckler for the great price and was planning on selling it to stuntmatty when he had the cash, but I really like the way it feels and rides, so chances are matty will need to find his own :D

Maybe I should swap the fork and wheels from the heckler to the yeti and test the differences of the 2 frames. it would give me a much more fair comparison running vitually all the same components and just the frames being different.

Maybe I can start a new thread in the lounge monday and do straight comparisons of the 2.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Lefty said:
How do you get that done, that orange color is so bright and the background so blurred. Camera setting orso.

neg select got blurred.

changed the selection's contrast.

but mainly the bike really is that hot of orange.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Instigator said:
I will give you a no on that question. The 575 in my opinion is not as burly/strong as the heckler. I actually spent july and aug on the heckler. I bought the heckler for the great price and was planning on selling it to stuntmatty when he had the cash, but I really like the way it feels and rides, so chances are matty will need to find his own :D

Maybe I should swap the fork and wheels from the heckler to the yeti and test the differences of the 2 frames. it would give me a much more fair comparison running vitually all the same components and just the frames being different.

Maybe I can start a new thread in the lounge monday and do straight comparisons of the 2.
Instigator a new thread in the lounge on Monday would be welcomed by me and I'm sure by a bunch of other monkeys as well. I say go for it if you have the time.

Thanks!

Mark

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
MMcG said:
Instigator a new thread in the lounge on Monday would be welcomed by me and I'm sure by a bunch of other monkeys as well. I say go for it if you have the time.

Thanks!

Mark
Cold and rainy here most of today, so the parts are already swapped over :thumb:

I didn't think a yeti 575 could weigh almost 30 lbs :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've always wanted a tangerine orange bike...

I'm way digging my 575. Had a killer ride yesterday that just reinforced how great a bike it is. However, it is a trail bike - you'll never confuse it for a XC race bike... but if you need the cush, it's an awesome ride.