Quantcast

One Ghost Musashi

kgbdhbiker

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
Anyone with ride time on these? Looking at the new one, the green/white/black.

So difficult to find information. The owner of OG (DM) has been great and answered all inquiries - but can anyone independant give a review?

Really like the idea behind it - but how does it ride?

Thanks

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
I rode my friends for a full day at diablo. the suspension really pushed you ove things. it doesnt absorb the hits as well as a super plush bike. it just skips rocks and it launches off jump. the suspension like preloads the bike and just shoots you... its fast and really good pedaling wise

kgbdhbiker

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
Hmmm. Mixed thoughts/reviews... Although really few on mountain ride reviews.

How about issues/breakage/problems. If not alot of riders with seat time - any friends say they have issues?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
There is a Raw one selling for a grand on their Blog thing, they really need someone to design a website you can actually get some info from instead of going from website to blog back to website, it sucks!

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
I have legit ride time on one. good bikes, skips rocks and doesnt bog down. launches off jumps as if it was designed for freeride. but it has 203 mm of travel so its not a FR bike. it pedals amazingly well. it tracks and carries speed nicely. it has a weird type of geometry and a small guy like me(115 lbs, 5'5) was controling a medium bike super well.They are super beefed up around the headtube. and the only place id suggest it might crack is the black piece around the swing arm. you can see it in the picture above. looks almsot like a v

kgbdhbiker

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
Hey blackohio. Sorry for your stretch of bad luck - would love to see what your final build looks like and how it rides as I am stil undecided.

Can I ask what size you are building up... Is that a large?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I pedaled around on a few at misc times, they pedaled great but felt pretty bad in the parking lot. (by far not the best test) I will say that it pedals real good for sure.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
i talked to a guy who was sponsored by them, he wasn't to fond of the bike and company owner (to put it lightly). i personally think it says something when a sponsored rider says something like that about a bike there getting for free. that being said i did not get to try it so i cant offer my opinion on it.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i talked to a guy who was sponsored by them, he wasn't to fond of the bike and company owner (to put it lightly). i personally think it says something when a sponsored rider says something like that about a bike there getting for free. that being said i did not get to try it so i cant offer my opinion on it.
wasnt going to go there, but this matched my experience as well

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Mines a large.

As for tyne owner comments, I cannot comments too much about Dave, I've only known him/been talking to him for a few months. In that time though he let a virtual stranger come to his house and take a Musashi frame and a gang of components to photograph. In my dealings with him been's been trust, sincere and honest.

Im not sure what everyone looks for but to me those are pretty good qualities. Hell he even sent me his last LinchPin frame to build up a cyclocross/commuter. I don't know what the guy you talked with's situation was but being a privateer, owner and sponsor is gotta be pretty stressful. I find it a bit unprofessional as a sponsored rider to be slaying your sponsor though (independent of this conversation)

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
A very good friend of mine was a sponsered rider for them, he had alot of the same to say about his bike. Never said anything bad about dave, just that the bike never performed.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Just to clarify, the riders never had anythign bad to say about the owner, just more of how things got done (or didnt get done)

I know a few riders were out bikes for a decent amount of time...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
...and so goes the issues of privately funded bike companies. Its not cheap or easy to produce frames without a major backer.

As for the bikes performance I cannot say anything as I've never ridden mine.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Thought I was the only 1 running swampthings. Just wish they had a tad more volume. Nice build.....so far. Sorry for the lack of funds.

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Yeah there is a whole lot of useless info in this thread and what little there is is totally vague and really not helpful. Sorry guys but y'all can do way better than this!

"How does that apple taste? I picked one up once...it was red and heavy. I bet it tastes like ****."

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
I really think that a lot of the negative comments come from people that were riding the prototype when they were still getting the linkages figured out. It you compare the two frames the lower link on the production frame is completely different. The guy i know, while never saying he didn't like the proto, says the production version is head over heals better. And from the tiny parking lot pedal i had i can say it felt night and day better than the proto. I have no reason to believe they didn't get everything figured out for the production version and would be willing to bet it is a killer ride.

blackohio, stoked to hear it does in fact ride good. looking forward to an in depth review??

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Not a huge fan of the olive color but i do happen to like the down tube musashi logo. I'm sure the color will look better in person once built up as appose to the computer render shown here. Overall you really cant make a musashi look bad. :thumb:

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Now THAT with a set of yellow deemax wheels and a kashima 40 will be KILLER!