Quantcast

One More PA Spring Shuttle Day

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
We'll have more details shortly, but we're planning another shuttle day for May 12th, which is a Saturday. Should be similar, but a few small changes. Example: we're looking into getting a couple of big clocks so you can time your own runs for some Beacon prep. If you have any suggestions, we'd like to hear them. Probably a party Saturday night again.

shuttlefever

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
Enumclaw Wa.
SWEEEET I missed the last one. But I want to know, if I am not a racer, am i gonna get blown off the course by the racer-dudes and dude-ettes??? I am not terribly slow, but i am definately a recreational rider.
Shuttlefever~~

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hahahaha - seems like alot of us are in search of redemption in one way or another...myself being way up on that list.:)

Shuttlefever - you won't have any issues w/ the mega-rippers. There's enough trails that it thins out quickly on the trails. If you're really concerned about slowing others down, just chill at the top for a minute or two and they'll jump in first. I'm no Sam Hill, but I don't recall many, if any, folks tailing me too bad.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I'm no Sam Hill, but I don't recall many, if any, folks tailing me too bad
well I am Sam Hill, so watch out!

Haha, It'll be sweet once again! Maybe this time the truck door won't break and hit people in the head...

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
It's really just a shuttle day with no "competition" as far as prizes are concerned. We'll look at the raffle possiblity, if not for this one, but maybe the fall events. When, and if, we organize a race series there will obviously be prizes.

As far as food??? We have a few options for getting some killer food vendor up there. (ie. mexican, or killer BBQ pit stuff, or other..) Or we could just have a BBQ area for a "bring your own meat" type of deal? I'd like to get some opinions from the masses.

The ball is in motion.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
I think a BBQ pit vendor would be fun. I like the idea of BYOM, but it will be much less of a hassle if we go with a vendor. A stress free day of hard riding and eating some already prepared food sounds perfect!

And whoever said "grab a sandwich on the way up"--I know what you mean, but a BBQ would be a fun time to socialize and tell war stories from the trail. Sounds like a fun day!

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
I'll look into the BBQ pit guy. His business is called the "Smokin' Train" and he makes pretty killer grub. Chicken, ribs, beef brisket, beans, slaw and of course it's all smoked. His BBQ looks kinda like a train.

Even if it's only a Saturday thing, there are other places to ride on Sunday, should you choose to stick around.
ODS

PS But remember, Sunday is Mother's Day. Don't dis your motha!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
hmm saturday might be tough to do :-/

I suppose I could try and make it late. How long does it go till/ good for?

I've never shuttled before, so I really wana do this...sounds like a blast.

MR.S

Chimp
Jul 27, 2002
Spunaway
I never thought I would be disappointed to take a cruise to Mexico, but in all reality Id rather be in PA with the boys that weekend...infinite sadness. I guess it could be worse.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Well make sure you live it up on the captains night and take them for all the free drinks they offer.... just beware the next days hangover might keep you on the tour bus the next day when they let you off the boat... I speak from experience......

MR.S

Chimp
Jul 27, 2002
Spunaway
Im L7 on the alcohol.. although this may be a worthy event to fall off the wagon. My only hangover fear is that smoke too much mota and sleep thru the whole deal.