Quantcast

One or two finger V-brake lever?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
eh, I think V and mechanical Discs use the same type of lever. I have mechanical discs and need new levers..

One or two fingers and not crazy expensive.

thanks.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
make your own lever. Just take the lever from your brake and heat it up with a torch, or in the microwave, whichever. And bend the lever around untill your happy. No money spent! Unless you dont have a steel lever, then you should most likely buy one.

davemo7

Chimp
Dec 10, 2008
Davis
who cares, just get an avid five lever and be done with it, if you break it buy another there only like $10. if you wanna get fancy about it get a spedial five, there about $5 more

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm not aware of any 1-finger levers available for V-brakes.

Last i checked, shimano XT levers felt better under my finger than the avids.

i'm running a paul, which has a much better feel than both, but they aren't the cheapest. The compact size is shorter than the typical 2-3 finger lever too.

The new shimano DXR for bmx looks nice, but I've never used it.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I've been using the avid levers for almost 5 years. Put them an inch or two away from your grip, and use one finger on the very end of them, and you get good leverage.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Dan's sells tektro talons for like $10. I had one of those with my avid bb-7. That's a great lever. 1-finger. The avid levers are for mountain bikes.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Man, I had this perfect old tektro V-lever that I used with an avid mech. disc... 2 finger, perfect bend. If I remember right, it came off of an old Schwinn Superstock bmx racer from the mid 90's that was equipped with a V-brake... But I sold the lever with an old Eastern DJ4 complete I had a couple years back. Wish I would have kept that lever, haha.

I've also got this old Odyssey bmx race lever somewhere around here, forgot what it was called, was saving it for the occassion... it was meant to mate up with their "A-brake" V-brake type set-up. Not the shortest though, but not the longest, it's a heavy beast though.

That Talon one looks like a pretty solid bet though...