Quantcast

Online shops...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Since I have been blessed for the past 6 years with good-great LBS-s, I have not been shopping online. Now due to COVID I have to go online again. What shops are you guys using?

Last edited:

commencaldh

Jeremy Hottinger
Apr 26, 2015
Not currently buying anything online but some reputable online retailers are:
Chain Reaction Cycles(might take a looooong time to ship though)
WorldWideCyclery
JensonUSA

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I haven't had any issues buying parts, and I just built up a complete bike. Granted, a lot of it was from LBS's's's.

JensonUSA
Universal Cycles
ChainReactionCycles
WorldwideCyclery/PlanetCyclery

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Universal is well stocked and can deliver much faster than Jenson but their prices are always full retail. You might try some of the sites that cater more towards backpacking like Moosejaw and Backcountry for clothing and some components.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Bad recent experience with Jenson. They will sell you items in stock, give you a tracking number, send an out of stock note later. When you cancel, it takes them two weeks to send you a refund.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Universal is well stocked and can deliver much faster than Jenson but their prices are always full retail. You might try some of the sites that cater more towards backpacking like Moosejaw and Backcountry for clothing and some components.
Universal always has 10% off over $100 and 15% over $300 - some items/brands excluded though same as everywhere, that you can generally workaround with lesser known stores. They used to have the codes on their website, now you just need to sign up to their newsletter thingy as they change the code every month.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Merlin has been crazy fast with dhl shipping.

I only trust the big ones that have stock like universal, I don't trust places that order it when you order.

I did buy a part from competitive I am not sure how I feel about it.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yep, back in Germany. (But thats classified info, dont let my wife find out. She thinks I am finishing my sentence in prison...)

Jenson is problematic. Their site doesnt like me these days, wont cooperate with me address wise. Plus, I have had so many issues with them in the past that I really hesitate to use them again.

Seems as if all the old places I have used in the past are dead and gone. Speedgoat? Gone. Competitive only thru their Euro branch...which is a PITA for me, strange as it sounds. Same for Chain Reaction. But I will probably go that way...

Black Mountain out of San Diego looks okay, anyone ever use them? Tree Fort? I wish I could remember the niche guys I used to hit...out of Oregon somewhere??

We should get a tax i.d # and start ordering our stuff en masse from QBP...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i used treefort....i received what i ordered...they just never sent a email saying it shipped...

waiting on stuff from jenson....

waiting on a seat from ebay...

pinkbike....great if you live in the states and are buying from someone in the states...

there is also colorado cyclist....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Checks in the mail. Need a 26" 90mm travel fork with remote. Prefer Fox or Magura, but am open to offers. Can you have it to me by next weekend?
Actually, if that is what you need I can probably hook you up. How much steerer do you need?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Checks in the mail. Need a 26" 90mm travel fork with remote. Prefer Fox or Magura, but am open to offers. Can you have it to me by next weekend?
i have a fox 32 float, 120mm with remote lockout. but it's the CTD evo version. its also tapered steerer. qr.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Actually, if that is what you need I can probably hook you up. How much steerer do you need?
Will check tomorrow and PM you. Its for the Moots, which I believe specc'ed a 80mm originally, but being the rebel I am, I want to run a 90...straight steer...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Will check tomorrow and PM you. Its for the Moots, which I believe specc'ed a 80mm originally, but being the rebel I am, I want to run a 90...straight steer...
I bought a take off Fox 32 from Blue a decade ago and never put any trail time on it. So not exactly new but nearly new old stock. I do remember it had a shortish steerer.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Moots did design the bike for 80 mm forks when it was rim brake only. The disc versions were always designed for 100 mm forks I think, at least for the frame sizes 17" and up. If yours is disc only it is pretty sure designed for a 100 mm fork.