Quantcast

Only One Weapon

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
If you could only have one weapon (bike). What would it be? DH, hardtail, short travel, BMX, road, beach cruiser, etc. What would you sacrifice, to still keep what satifies you most? Are fast ripping DH runs what you desire, or are you just as satified shredding the skateparks? Perhaps all you need is a epic trail ride to fill your gap? Myself, I would choose a DH bike. As hard as it would be to give up my quiver. This bike brings me the most joy. What a stupid question though....who would only want One bike?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
id opt for the sharpest and strongest bolt cutters. this way, whenever i see a bike i think would be bike-of-the-week, i could take it, ride it, return it and move forward to the next...thus leaving me riding any bike i want and not limiting myself to one bike..

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
I have a stinkball with two rings,a monster,"lighter"set of wheels and slick tires.My everyday, DJ setup.If wanna get my 27 on,I throw on the snobbie tires and soften the suspension up.If the wife wants to XC,I tell her my knees and ankles are too sore from the DJ's. Wish I had a quiver of bikes,but I make due with one.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
I thought I'd want to go with the 5-6" travel trail bike cause you can do almost everything on it, but I just hate felling under-gunned. Straight downhilling is what I enjoy most so I want something that excells at that, but now I am starting to get bummed thinking of only having one bike. Once again STUPID question! I am going to change my opinion and go with seands plan!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
llkoolkeg said:
I'd keep my 6"/6" Chaparral. In fact, had it been available back in '02, I'd probably have bought it instead of my Scream.

couldnt agree more! my Chap is down to 38 pounds with 7/7 travel and a granny ring. its perfect for everything :)

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
i would get a freeride bike, full squish. a rocky if i had the chance.
but i love my kona, scab. or a devinchi, or i would just go build on derelicte. and never ride.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
i'd have a nice downhill bike and two sets of rings, a 41 front with road cluster rear and a 36 front with standard cluster, it hurts but man is it fun

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Bascially what I had as a setup before I slapped on the dual-crown. 5-6" full-squish w/ granny-gear for the climbs...I fear no ascent - respect/dread, yes - fear, no.
Get 2 wheelsets - one big, burly set for the trails/hucks and a set w/ 1.0 slicks for commuting. I'd need to get a rear shock w/ lockout as well.
But, this is America so I have my full-squish and the road bike for recovery rides. The thought of only owning one bike is pretty scary, dude.

If they made an adult-sized Green Machine, I would be so down with that.:thumb:

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Skookum said:
a green machine.
My friends sister got 2 of those green machines for x-mas in '03 and they were tons of fun. Until I flipped one and hit my elbow on the cement and it swelled the size of a golfball and chipped part of my elbow. Its never been the same. :(

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
mserko1 said:
My friends sister got 2 of those green machines for x-mas in '03 and they were tons of fun. Until I flipped one and hit my elbow on the cement and it swelled the size of a golfball and chipped part of my elbow. Its never been the same. :(
Didn't you read the ad?
"For guys 8, 9, 10 years old who really know how to ride"
I've seen you ride, so you must be too old.:p

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the bike i have right now. Yeti asx with junior-t. hell it only weighs 45 pounds.

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
no no no, choose a bike that you would want other then the one you have, like a want a 2004 giant DH comp with blue dorado, and tye spring avy.
but i am stuck riding the kona scab because i totaled my rocky.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I would want a 7/7 freeride, 35-40lbs, bike so I could pedal and hit jumps and drops, go fast down, I think an Iron Horse seven point would be about perfect. set up with 24/36 front chain rings, 11-34 rear, tubeless 2.5 maxxis tyres. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If only one bike? For me, it'd be a toss-up between the Turner 5-Spot and the Turner 6-Pack, 6" & 6" - The 6-Pack would probably be the perfect compromise between full-on DH and TrailBike.

Others to consider:
Iron Horse 7.7
Giant Reign
Trek 77