Quantcast

Only One Weapon

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
ChainWhip said:
If only one bike? For me, it'd be a toss-up between the Turner 5-Spot and the Turner 6-Pack, 6" & 6" - The 6-Pack would probably be the perfect compromise between full-on DH and TrailBike.

Others to consider:
Iron Horse 7.7
Giant Reign
Trek 77
God that bike is beautiful :heart:

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Skookum said:
a green machine.
what the..! i'm pretty offended here, why is it only for guys? i would totally sport that thing.

just nevermind, i'll pick my niece's '04 fully rigid, SS pink barbie bike then....

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Megan Black said:
what the..! i'm pretty offended here, why is it only for guys? i would totally sport that thing.

just nevermind, i'll pick my niece's '04 fully rigid, SS pink barbie bike then....

The one with the tassles? Cool!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
The 6-pack would be perfect, those bikes rule.

I recently sold both my DH and XC/FR bikes and am in the process of building a 6/6" 2005 S-Works Enduro, the build will be bullet proof and just under 35# with Deemax/Saint/Hope M4's. I will use it for everything and love every minute of it! :D

Jun 18, 2004
if I could magically make my Banshee Scream/888 10lbs lighter that would be the $zhit... but w/o the magic I'd swap the Scream frame for an '04 Ellsworth :evil: Dare... but hey I'd brake a bike like that... (I weight 185 on a good day and I'm 6'1")... well see what the Uzzi Vpx is like... maybe that frame w/a 7" 66rc or a & 7" Sherman breakout...

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
Whats the big thing with the single crown long travel forks? They weigh just as much as a dual crown. So your really only gaining the fact that you can do X-ups, Bar-spins or Tail-whips and can turn really sharp when your going about a mile an hour....all of which probably only cater to a small percentage. At the cost of losing the burliness of a dual crown. I just question their strength and durability. I have enough problems on my hardtail with short travel single crown forks.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
long travel forks weigh about the same because the steerer tube, crown and stanctions have to that much stronger, so all you really gain is tighter turning and X-up capability. 66 weighs almost as much as a 888, sherman + is ligher by a bit more than a slider+ also.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
dirtjumpP.1 said:
the weight is lower in the front which lowers the center of gravity. and corning becomes nimbler and quicker
The weight from the lower crown up I would think is pretty minimal, plus there has got to be more flex and deflexion on big and small hits, creating a front end that might not track as good. Corners usually are bumpy....making cornering sketchy and slower. This is just a theory, I have not gotten to actually ride a long travel fork. I am merely questioning there purpose.