Quantcast

>>>OOOOOH yeah Friderp<<<

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
View attachment 164390

Baby Hazel arrived late last night, after 20 hours of labor and 2.5 hours of active pushing. Girl made a dramatic entrance. Both mom and baby are doing great, just exhausted from the long labor.

Now i guess we all just hang out together for a few days before going home :confused:
Awesome! Congratulations. She looks happy and content. I hope it stays that way.
Firstly congrats!

Secondly, Uber Eats/Doordash some real food for you and the wife. That was perhaps the most solid nugget of advice we got from our tour of the Labor and Delivery area before having our kid. Hospital food is not what you need to recover from 20+ hours of L&D.
Can confirm. After 7 days in the hospital, i couldn't face the prospect of another hospital meal. I clued in that I could get Uber Eats to deliver. One burrito was mightier than all the laxatives they gave me! Plus, it tasted great.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We just got hammered by a thunderstorm. Large hail just laid waste to the neighborhood for the last 10min. Both cars are outside and I can see what looks like dents already. Probably going to have to get the roof checked too. We just got the living shit beat out of us...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@6thElement suckered me into riding ~21 miles of road to nab ~4 miles of some of the funnest and steepest Singletrack I’ve ridden in a while. Totally worth it. Saw @Nick finishing a ride as I was finishing the ride.

647084A9-AF00-4FA2-9CAE-D45D5D78EC79.jpeg

Also there was a dead cow.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
View attachment 164390

Baby Hazel arrived late last night, after 20 hours of labor and 2.5 hours of active pushing. Girl made a dramatic entrance. Both mom and baby are doing great, just exhausted from the long labor.

Now i guess we all just hang out together for a few days before going home :confused:
Congratulations!!!! Definitely get your wife a pint or many for her efforts!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Group ride was not success. Cannondale / Specialized crowd. Suspected dentists and at least one verified lawyer. Lots of stopping / lots of talking. Was told to expect a fast ride but they didn't even try to drop me... anyone can ride fast in a straight line. Meh.

Ride time 01:54:35
Moving time 01:32:41
Fun time 00:00:00

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Re flooding, check this out. Yikes.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Happy to report one year crashiversary was a success. Coincidentally, my one year rib crashiversary was a success back in June as well. Maybe I’m learning. But I doubt it. But my DH lap tonight was the fastest yet. So…uhhh….yeah

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went for an evening/night ride from downtown out to the lake. Took two lights with me, helmet and bar mount. Once I punched into the nearly dark singletrack, I decided I should check my lights to see if they worked. That's when I realized I only had one battery and it was the older one. So I didn't ride a lot of singletrack being without the bar mount and any hope of having depth perception.

Still managed to ride for two hours so I'll take it. Fitness level is completely ridiculous at this point for someone who hasn't ridden in almost a month. I was hauling ass for most of the ride and felt like I didn't really get a workout. Hiking with weight, something to it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Electrician came over and with the parts I received. He hooked me up. On his day off. I may need to rethink my batteries. I need a new thermostat for my furnace also. With the rebate it is $19. I need to match the abilty to replace the draw from my batteries with my panels. I am at a 500 watt deficit. Or some shit. People who can do math have been consulted.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Day 1 review: Magura eStops are *considerably* more powerful than Code RS, and more modulated, and are amazingly lighter. They feel like an Audi after driving a Ford.

2933026E-2259-44A4-A467-7A64C330E292.jpeg

Also I forgot how easy it is to bleed Maguras. They practically bleed themselves.

Had a lovely day in the workshop, and decided to refresh all my cables whilst the bike is in 1000 bits. Got my cables all short, tidy and perfect so in combination they gently push the bars straight. Cut the gear cable three times but it was worth it.

CBBDA933-A07A-4106-BF6B-8EBD47F50037.jpeg