Quantcast

Opening an online parts shop?

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
Hey guy's/Gal's

I'm interested in making a bike website dedicated to my local area. "prince edward Island Canada" and was wondering what it would take to be able to resell some products on the site.... Like pedals/bashguards. Make my own shirts/stickers. Maybe offer trail tours and such. I would have to do up a business plan and open a business to do this wouldnt I? anyone else do this and have any suggestions?

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
it would all be local. So.... Like I mean just offer a few products. Not trying to make serious money here. Just throw some parts in circulation here that arent.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Mitch
it would all be local. So.... Like I mean just offer a few products. Not trying to make serious money here. Just throw some parts in circulation here that arent.
I dunno man. You could always just give up now and save yourself the trouble.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I'm still making the website, regardless. Wether I do much more than videos/pictures is the question.
But you could just sleep or drink beer instead...

I just dont get people.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Your name explains it.

Explains what?

Im just trying to be helpful. Think about it for a minute: How many websites are out there already?

Answer: Plenty

You dont need to make one more unless you want to show that Star Wars kid who is also from canada dancing around again. That one always gets me.

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
You dont have to have a business license just to sell things. If you want shirts and stuff only you could check out something like cafepress.com or branders.com

If you wanted an easy to way to do your website with a storefront, paypal, ebay, yahoo and similar all have ways you can have a storefront just by paying them a comission fee.

Or since its local, you could just have prices up there and handle all the cash "offline".

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by SpuTTer916
You dont have to have a business license just to sell things. If you want shirts and stuff only you could check out something like cafepress.com or branders.com

If you wanted an easy to way to do your website with a storefront, paypal, ebay, yahoo and similar all have ways you can have a storefront just by paying them a comission fee.

Or since its local, you could just have prices up there and handle all the cash "offline".
Hmmmm tax evasion? :) ;)

Actually I have no knowledge of Canadain tax law...if there even is any....but they sure bend me over when I go to Vancouver. :)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by BurlySurly
You dont need to make one more unless you want to show that Star Wars kid who is also from canada dancing around again. That one always gets me.
:thumb:

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
I didnt suggest tax evasion :) :devil:

What Im saying is that you dont need a business or business license to sell things. You can claim it all as extra revenue on your personal taxes as well.

Of course there are many benefits of doing if through an entitiy which are far beyond the scope of this post.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by SpuTTer916
I didnt suggest tax evasion :) :devil:

What Im saying is that you dont need a business or business license to sell things. You can claim it all as extra revenue on your personal taxes as well.

Of course there are many benefits of doing if through an entitiy which are far beyond the scope of this post.
If you are in the business of selling items you should have a business license in the area you are operating in. ;)