Quantcast

Options for 20mm rigid forks?

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX
i need a 26er rigid fork with 20mm TA for a street/park/jump bike.

i've searched and nothing recent came up.

from what i've gathered, the most popular are the:
DMR Trailblade 2
Identiti Rebate 1420
Funn
FireEye Stoker 20
Dobermann Tchokr

am i missing anything? which is recommended? which is NOT recommended? they are all priced roughly the same, so that is not an issue.

i already have 20mm hubs so that's why i want 20mm rigid.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
scratch all off your list other than the dobermann and identiti. i think the dobermann fork is more expensive so depending on the size of your pockets i would decide between those two

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
you also have to look at what ATC heights. The shorter of the Tchokr forks looks like 430mm. The Idenditi is 425mm.

Personally, Id go shorter ATC and ride a frame with a higher BB to compensate. Makes for good manual sweet spot and superior hops. Mostly depends on what frame your riding... if its a P1 or something with a low BB, a longer ATC like 450-460 would be more appropriate. You'd want a lower fork for a frame like a Pinscher, Trailking or this thing: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5149999/ (which is brand new and for sale for pretty cheap..wink wink) These frames have BBs around the 12.75-13.35 range

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
The 1420 is one of the best rigids going. If you need/want the taller a2c version, I have one for sale. Cheap.

TaRd

Chimp
Aug 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
The Rebate or the Tchokr hands down, I have owned both and cant say anything bad about either one. I think you can get the Tchokr in custom atc's also so you could really tailor that one to your frame.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
I have a custom fork I could hook you up with, but its 1.5 head tube....... and maybe a bit heavy :), but other than that pretty awesome. I moved to bmx and have a custom, very beefy fork sitting in my basement and am sad that it is not being ridden.

clarification : by 'hook you up' I mean give you the fork free if you pay shipping and promise to ride the fork on dirt jumps.

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX
haha thanks for the offer. none of my frames use a 1.5 head tube.

thanks for all the replies, i guess i have it down to a tchokr or rebate. :) the tchokr is so hard to find! i think i'm gonna have to get it direct from the dealer.

EXCEPT...
Soul Cycles is selling this fork at closeout for $9?!?

http://www.ridesoul.com/urbanforkg1.html

at 5.2lbs, it's heavier than most suspension forks!

Last edited:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
haha thanks for the offer. none of my frames use a 1.5 head tube.

thanks for all the replies, i guess i have it down to a tchokr or rebate. :) the tchokr is so hard to find! i think i'm gonna have to get it direct from the dealer.

EXCEPT...
Soul Cycles is selling this fork at closeout for $9?!?

http://www.ridesoul.com/urbanforkg1.html

at 5.2lbs, it's heavier than most suspension forks!
I told you it was heavy.
Its also indestructable. And nicely finished.

Just an idea.

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX
well, for $9 i couldn't pass it up. it will give me something to ride until i find a dobermann for a good price. there's a bunch on pinkbike.com but those damn canadians never want to ship across the border. :rolleyes:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Who could fabricate me a custom fork, I wonder?
I've contacted Dobermann to see if they could, who else does this kind of thing?
I want a strong, not too heavy, 20mm rigid fork with a really low a2c, like 400 or whatever will barely fit a 24" wheel with a big tire. Has to have disc tabs too.