Quantcast

Orbit J-link

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

I've been looking at this for a bit and was thinking about saving my pennies to buy one. Any opinions or thoughts on this frame?

Here is the linkage CAD picture....
I would send a link, but it's only in German :(

Attachments

G

gravity

looks cool, but needlessly complex, and to me it just seems to be a design that's different just for the sake of being different. on the other hand, it's probably extremely light compared to other designs. but it also might bash on rocks and stuff, and it looks like bottoming out the travel could do major damage.

G

Gutty

Looks like a single pivot(not my favourite) and that shock couldn't be in a worse position. Maybe if your sponsered by a shock compny or you make some kinda guard for the shock. Also depends on the terrain you ride.

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

Thanks for the input! I will be using my bike almost exclusivly for XC so no worries that I'm going to case the thing. The whole idea behind it is that it provides true progressive damping through the entire stroke.

That and it looks really cool! :thumb:

If not this, than what type of linkage would be best for XC with a robust (read: clydesdale) rider?

G

gravity

best linkage for XC is usually 4-bar or walking-beam (Ellsworth style) in my opinion. there are a lot of strange linkages though that do work pretty well. but for sheer efficiency......well you know what it is.