Quantcast

oregon peeps....Whats the Pioneer trail on hood like? Worth a trip down from seattle?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Been hearing about this trail from someone i work with. Whos done it? Ive been wanting to go check it out. I'd like to make plans in aug-sept to ride from Timberline to Welches (when the snows gone)

Would a 45lb DH bike be overkill? Or would a 5/5 trail bike be more fun?

Any Seattle monks commit to a ride down there?? Maybe get the trailhacker trailer going??

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'm pretty sure both of us would be down. Probably have to be in August though. July is full already!

Edit: I guess we are free the weekends of the 17th and 24th in July. Hitting Sunpeaks (yippee) for a long weekend the end of the month.

As far as the trailer......I think the white truck is on the selling block!!!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Cool. The double dipper sounds cool. Do a morning rip, then ride chairs? is the lift accessed stuff any good there? I'd invision the summit but steeper, but i dont know where they ride as SkiHole.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
Are you still looking at buying a new rig snacks? Why is he selling the truck?
Yes, I'm looking at an older diesel 4x4 blazer, or waiting for Kevin to rebuild the tranny in his.

He wants a diesel VW. Better gas milage than the truck.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Know that Surveyor's Ridge or something like that is definately worth the trip. They're mt bike trails built by mt bikers. 45 lbs seems a bit much. Been years since I was up there, but really enjoyed the trails.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
Yes, I'm looking at an older diesel 4x4 blazer, or waiting for Kevin to rebuild the tranny in his.

He wants a diesel VW. Better gas milage than the truck.
Wow! 4x4...and older...how old are you looking at. I really like our vw wagon. It would be better if it was diesel though! :rolleyes:

oly said:
Cool. The double dipper sounds cool. Do a morning rip, then ride chairs? is the lift accessed stuff any good there? I'd invision the summit but steeper, but i dont know where they ride as SkiHole.
Skibowl has some great trails!!!! It's no Whistler, but waaaaaaay better than Snoqualmie IMO. 2 lifts to get to the top, lots of vertical!!! Definitly worth the trip.

Actaully the Timberlne run the AM and lifts in afternoon would work. The upper lifts run from 12-4 on weekends.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
Wow! 4x4...and older...how old are you looking at. I really like our vw wagon. It would be better if it was diesel though! :rolleyes:
I need something to get me to work in the winter if it snows. Probably something in the late 80's to early 90's. Something cheap enough I can pay cash for.

Yeah, Kevin wants a wagon too, but he's having a hard time finding one around here that's diesel and manual tranny that's not brand new. Maybe a Jetta.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
PsychO!1 said:
Skibowl has some great trails!!!! It's no Whistler, but waaaaaaay better than Snoqualmie IMO. 2 lifts to get to the top, lots of vertical!!! Definitly worth the trip.
I remember it being technical.

Snacks said:
I need something to get me to work in the winter if it snows. Probably something in the late 80's to early 90's. Something cheap enough I can pay cash for.

Yeah, Kevin wants a wagon too, but he's having a hard time finding one around here that's diesel and manual tranny that's not brand new. Maybe a Jetta.
OFF TOPIC!!! :D ;)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
so I went shopping last night!!!!...........just kidding! :sneaky: oh, sorry were you talking about riding??? ha ha!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Whos got the MIDI file for the thong song? That needs to play in this thread now.....
SO, What was this thread about?

Oh, andb Psycho..... Nice sig....... :)

RonnieRiot

Chimp
Jan 23, 2002
Vancouver, WA
It's a fun trail. Long, fast and rocky. A couple short uphill spots, but no big deal. Definitely worth checking out. I'd go with the downhill bike, for sure.

oly said:
Been hearing about this trail from someone i work with. Whos done it? Ive been wanting to go check it out. I'd like to make plans in aug-sept to ride from Timberline to Welches (when the snows gone)

Would a 45lb DH bike be overkill? Or would a 5/5 trail bike be more fun?

Any Seattle monks commit to a ride down there?? Maybe get the trailhacker trailer going??

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I wanna go and we gotta have Gorgechris show us the Toilet Bowl Trail too while we're down there!!!!!

i gotta ride the toilet bowl...... that's all there is to it.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Skookum said:
I wanna go and we gotta have Gorgechris show us the Toilet Bowl Trail too while we're down there!!!!!

i gotta ride the toilet bowl...... that's all there is to it.....

STILL KEEPING THIS RIDE IN MIND!!!!!

August or september.... TIMBERLINE TO WELCHES! Lets do the whole thing.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the toilet bowl trail at post canyon was fun this past weekend :devil: . i'd never ridden it before, and it seemed a nice, saner interpretation of what they're building these days (all the logs, 1/4 of the drops).

Hack

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Portland
I rode the Glade and the P. Bridal on the 4th. It was sweet. My buddy crashed on a rockgarden and went down an embankment and almost broke his leg.

Other than that it was great

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
STILL KEEPING THIS RIDE IN MIND!!!!!

August or september.... TIMBERLINE TO WELCHES! Lets do the whole thing.....
So D, you said on Friday you make this a day trip? We're down for day trippin' it.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Maybe I can come along. I'd like to do the ride down from Timberline. I don't have alot of fun at ski bowl. I either go slow or get hurt. That's what I get for pedaling down cannonball (how'd my bike get stuck way up in that tree? My head hurts).

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Yea, it would be a day trip. Portland is 2 hrs from Olympia, hood is another hr from portland.....not a bad drive at all.
D, check your calendar for the weekend of July 24th. Let me know how it looks for a day trip.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
July 24th would probably work. Im doing the lavender festival the weekend before....

We can make it a monkey parade and try to get a bunch of the oregon crew there to show us warshingtonians the way!. Maybe this deserves its own thread....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
TWISTED said:
Maybe I can come along. I'd like to do the ride down from Timberline. I don't have alot of fun at ski bowl. I either go slow or get hurt. That's what I get for pedaling down cannonball (how'd my bike get stuck way up in that tree? My head hurts).
Definatly come along if you can. It would be cool to meet some fellow monkeys.

Have you done this ride? What bike would be best? my trail bike or turner DHR? I could also put my boxxer on the trail bike.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:

Have you done this ride? What bike would be best? my trail bike or turner DHR? I could also put my boxxer on the trail bike.....
Kevin did it a couple of years ago and says is big bike worthly.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
oly said:

Bring the biggest bike you've got. Don't forget the HD tubes, High speed through lots of rock gardens.
I'll try to bring some friends. :thumb: