Quantcast

Orphan puppy needs a name.

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
My wife works for 911 dispatch. The other night she took a call where 2 guys got in a fight and started shooting at each other. The only casualty in the whole mess was a german shepherd. Unfortunately, she was the mother of 6 two week old puppies.
Animal Control couldn't care for the newborn puppies so each person in the dispatch center volunteered to care for one long enough to ween them and find them new homes.

So here's the little girl that we're taking care of. Can you suggest a good name for her?

http://cow.god.home.mindspring.com/images/New_puppy.wmv
~2.9 mb

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
How adorable!

I think it's hilarious when dogs have their little convulsions while they sleep...I totally believe that they're dreaming.
My first thought of a name: Twitch....just because that's what's in the video (mostly).

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
I think Twitch is a great name. Lucky and Dixie aren't bad either, but those are extremely common names down here. Keep 'em comin' :thumb:

KS: I think the way the story went down is that the dog was trying to defend her owner and he accidentally shot her. He wasn't able to look after the puppies because he was shot in the hand and needs a lot of physical therapy and rehab. ... I had the same reaction you did when I first found out.

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
Originally posted by Arsbars
If it isn't adopted yet, I would like my name on the list.
The one we're caring for is kinda already spoken for, but I think one of her brothers still needs a home. I'll call and find out.

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
Originally posted by Arsbars
Thanks let me know, I would actually perfer a boy
All the puppies have homes :)

There's lots of other dogs out there that need homes though. www.petfinder.com is a good place to start. Lots of rescue shelters list there. I did a quick search and found 502 in SC.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Originally posted by Evilmunch

There's lots of other dogs out there that need homes though. www.petfinder.com is a good place to start. Lots of rescue shelters list there. I did a quick search and found 502 in SC.
Damn, I need to stop looking at that site! The last thing I need right now is a dog.

Dtrain

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Maine
I think you should name it: Dispatch

since it came from a dispatched call. Then there would always be a story that went along with the name.

CinderChk

Chimp
Apr 17, 2003
You don't wanna know
I think Twitch is a great name. Lucky and Dixie aren't bad either, but those are extremely common names down here. Keep 'em comin' :thumb:

KS: I think the way the story went down is that the dog was trying to defend her owner and he accidentally shot her. He wasn't able to look after the puppies because he was shot in the hand and needs a lot of physical therapy and rehab. ... I had the same reaction you did when I first found out.

ok guys, the story goes like this.... Some crazy a$$hole got in a fight with the other guy and the bad guy started towards the owner of the dog and she lunged at him, and he shot her. :(
The last of the puppies were taken this morning. Right now they're all being bottle fed and doing good.
I would love to keep this little one, but i dont think mr evilmunch will let me :love:

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC

I already have two pups, but it looks exactly like ramsey

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by CinderChk
ok guys, the story goes like this.... Some crazy a$$hole got in a fight with the other guy and the bad guy started towards the owner of the dog and she lunged at him, and he shot her. :(
The last of the puppies were taken this morning. Right now they're all being bottle fed and doing good.
I would love to keep this little one, but i dont think mr evilmunch will let me :love:
She is a cutie! So little.....I like the name Lily :)

Sep 17, 2003
*collective sigh* awwwwww!!!!!!
what a cute puppy!!!
definitely keep her if you can handle the responsibility. she would make a great trail companion. twitch the bitch!!!!