Quantcast

Other Chill flowy music?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
As most of you know, I love Eminem. I get flamed for it all the time, but i dont care. I'm looking for somthing else though. I like Aesop Rock and Blackalicious, looking for somthing along those lines.......... any suggestions?

Jul 26, 2004
Seattle, WA
if you dig blackalicious, check out Gift of Gab's new album. 'Fourth Dimensional Rocketships Going Up' ... or anything on quannum's label. dope ****.

also top 5 list along those lines:
Dj Shadow - Endtroducing (must have)
DJ Shadow - Private Press
Handsome boy modeling school - Soo... how's your girl?
Lovage - Music to make love to your old lady by
Deltron 3030

or anything produced by Dan the automater, Prince Paul, DJ shadow, RJD2, etc..

there's a bunch more along those lines. I'm a DJ, and I collect that kinda music on vinyl, so i've got a bunch of recomendations.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
good picks so far.
also...
black sheep
mad villian
jemini the gifted one
epmd
dangermouse

my personal fav is Lyrics Born check out his album ( i think called "the album") every track is the straight dope, yo.

Wassobe

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
simsbury
Atmosphere ( or slug ). I have a 400 song rap playlist, with none of it anything on the radio, I don't feel like looking through to name you some people, but Atmosphere sounds fitted for what you're looking for. I'll throw out some other names later.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
TN said:
also....Kool Kieth. fo sho.

Yo is Kool Keith good? My bro is going to a dj vadim concert tonight and i would go to except i have a big party to attend. However, that was the first time i'd ever heard of him and i've never heard his music. Just guessing it's similar to vadim.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Talib Kweli, Black Star, Hieroglyphics, Andre Nickatina, Mos Def, Atmosphere, Eyedea, Delinquent Habits, Swollen Members.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
Definitly check out Automator, Helta Skelta, Sinister 6000, Acyalone, and Dialated Peoples. Life Savas is the ****, as well as Living Legends. Boards of Canada, AIM and Morcheeba are a bit on the triphop side of things, but chill.

already mentioned, but Swollen Members, J5, Black Starr, Mos Def, Deltron 3030, Del The funkee homosapien, and the Gorillaz should hold ya over

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
guys....guys...guys... what ever happened to n'sync, and kyle minogue, I also suggest some latino music with spanish jibberish mixed in. Thats what will make you wanna huck a 60 ft. cliff......trust me

(In case no one caught my sarcasium was kidding about the n'sync thing......I dont really like them, or acknowledge them as real people,... but now that I think about it there was that road trip to washington state, and all we had was steve maqueen and..........)

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Dang.....I was going to make Lohan MY avatar.

P.S. Don't take any music suggestions from BCD (says the wife) as his taste in music is the worst.