Quantcast

PA Pro GRT update

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
We will be extending practice times on Saturday by 1 hour each and moving racing back a couple of houre. Should start at 3ish.

Trails are dialed right now and weather is looking optimal.

jgibb83

Chimp
Sep 29, 2008
Its only cat 3 racing on Saturday along with Pro time trials according to the schedule?
Cat 1,2 and pros race on Sunday was the last schedule I have seen.
If that is not the case and its been changed lets get it posted up please.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Saturday at around 3pmish we will run Cat III, followed by Pro Qualifier, potentially followed by the Department Store Downhill (aka the main event sucka's).
Sunday will be Cat I, followed by Cat II, and finally the Pro Finals.

No need to bring your lights.

Bring cowbells though!!

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
How do I get in on the department store DH?
Whats the max$$$ I can spend on the bike?
As long as it was originally sold at either Walmart, Target, Kmart, or the like, you're good. If you spend more than $200 new, you're too high class. Me....$20 for the neighbors Mongoose XR250 with a solid 2 years static in the rain. The outfits are just as important as the bike BTW

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Cat III- White Knuckle top to bottom, and it's prime
Cat II- White Knuckle to Double Bypass (with new re-routes) to White Knuckle
Cat I and Pro- Same course as last race, White Knuck to Upper and Lower Pro

Taped and ready!!!!

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Wooohooo!!! Packing as we speak. i will see you guys tomorrow and be ready to lend a hand with any last minute details. Can't wait for this race! Might not be able to talk my neighbor out of her POS for the dep store DH but I will try! sounds like fun!

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Hey everyone,
For the few of you holding on to your DJ lids, the time has come to upgrade. USA Cycling has made full face helmets required for downhill racing. They should be available on-site for purchase, but be prepared.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Is there an extra fee for doing the Department Store DH and which trail will we be riding?
We're thinking everyone put in $5 and the first one to it takes all. And I believe we will be using the White Knuckle Mile. It's all (including the actual race) still up in the air, but it is likely going to happen.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I found a killer Royce Union to ride if that is the case. Top notch breaks (I hope) and 18 speeds. I'm gunning for you Shawn :)

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
stoked, headed up tomorrow afternoon. btw super last minute, anybody have a spare front wheel they'd let me race on? its a lot to ask i know, but my spokes i was building up my replacement front after a mishap with my old wheel are coming too late... anybody kind enough?

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
stoked, headed up tomorrow afternoon. btw super last minute, anybody have a spare front wheel they'd let me race on? its a lot to ask i know, but my spokes i was building up my replacement front after a mishap with my old wheel are coming too late... anybody kind enough?
I have/will have an extra 20mm front wheel with me. Its one i usually use for skatepark riding but is wheel what shoudl get you through a weekened at PA. As long as your willing to throw a few bucs at it to get it trued up after oyu beet the piss oout of it then i dont mind you using it.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
I registered a couple days ago on the skibowl site. It said it was successful but I heard rumors that prereg was full. Anybody know if registration filled up already? I can't find anywhere that says how many people have signed up and the skibowl site was just a form, didn't seem like it had a counter on it or anything.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
I registered a couple days ago on the skibowl site. It said it was successful but I heard rumors that prereg was full. Anybody know if registration filled up already? I can't find anywhere that says how many people have signed up and the skibowl site was just a form, didn't seem like it had a counter on it or anything.
I was wondering the same thing.

HitTheLights

Chimp
Mar 6, 2009
First day of practice done and the dirt is PERFECT! Couldn't ask for better conditions. Short shuttle lines today. Suspect that will not be the case tomorrow...