Quantcast

Pacachii(sp) 9 giro wins, new badass on the block?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
There should be a few different categories for fastest man. I mean, he can go really fast especially when his team catapults him up to speed and he makes a sub-10 second hard effort. Time trialists can't have their team pull them :)

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
MtnbikeMike said:
There should be a few different categories for fastest man. I mean, he can go really fast especially when his team catapults him up to speed and he makes a sub-10 second hard effort.
I agree! He has a strong team this year to make him the 9stage winner in 1 Giro! :thumb:

But then again, he has the leg to push 53 X 11!!! :eek: :eek:

And that's is scary especially hitting 67km/h at the end of 200km ride! :thumb:

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
Don't make the mistake of thinking that taking a leadout like that is easy- it definitely isn't. It beats fighting for wheels in the last 200, but you have to rock it like a fighter pilot to fight your way onto your mate's wheel and still be able to accelerate AFTER being taken up to 40 mph by the field- this goes on, in some cases, for the last 30 minutes of a race rather than the last seconds. The stuff you can't see on OLN is how hard Petacchi or Mario will have to work to get and keep his position in his team's leadout train. It really is kind of symphonic to watch it happen when it goes down perfectly..