Quantcast

Pacifica Saturday?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Shoot, dude. People just couldn't decide on what kind of jerseys they wanted, so we kinda' scrapped that idea. If we get enough interest, we'll do another order, but it probably won't be anytime soon.

People love the skull and chainring. :)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hey Charley, we'll probably be out there until about 2:00 or 2:30. 3:00pm at the latest.

If you can show up, give me a ring on my cell.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hey Jump Chump, nice low-light pictures. I have to use a flash to get anything to come out even remotely clear enough these days. Were you out there shooting with what looked like a D200?

I'm always the guy with the D40 with SB-600.

Here's my pictures from yesterday:

If you were out there, and you want all of your pictures or you don't see your pictures here, PM me and I'll get them to you if I have any of you. Since I don't know a lot of your names, just tell me what bike you were on, and what you were wearing. :thumbsup:

Grant:

Bryan:

Chester:

Luke:

Randoms:

A little foot-off-the-pedals action.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My camera's a little Nikon Coolpix 5400. Geez, I wish I had a camera like yours. Such nice, wide-open shots!

damon
Bah, dude. My D40 is a cheap SLR. BHphotovideo has them for dirt cheap. The flash helped out the most. But I did see someone out there this past weekend with either a D200, or a D300, or a similarly huge Nikon camera. I'd love to see the pictures he was shooting.

Toddy, we missed you, man! I'm gonna' be tied up Easter weekend, but are you going to be at Sea Otter?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice photos Mike!

It looks like it was a lot of fun out there!

I also think these were the best 2 photos of the bunch:

Last edited:

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
mike what lense are you using? setting on your flash and what shutter speed. there looks to be a lot of ambient light out there so im interested in seeing what your settings where

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
so i just pulled up one of the pics in lightroom and i would suggest upping your shutter speed some to darken up the background a little and then blasting the rider with some more flash. also what mode are you shooting in?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
In all honesty, Charley, I was pretty handy with my Nikon D50. I was always shooting in Aperture or Manuel mode, making all of my own adjustments, and doing all that kinda' stuff. But then I sold the camera, and now I'm shooting with a D40, and I'm just too lazy.

All of these pictures were shot with the standard 18-55 DX lens that comes with the kit. And I'm shooting with an on-camera SB-600. Sadly, the D40 doesn't have a built-in Commander, so until I can afford a remote trigger, or an SB-900 (SB-800's are discontinued), I'm stuck shooting on-camera flash.

I really need to sit down and play with some settings, and up the shutter speed.

As for what mode I was shooting in? A few were done in Auto, but most were done in Action/Sport mode.