Quantcast

Pacifica...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
What day were you thinking of heading out there?

I might be available on Saturday. MIGHT. But I MIGHT want to go ride something more local. MIGHT.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
There's a good possibility I might be out there both Saturday and Sunday, although on Sunday I need to be HEADED HOME no later than 11:45pm. So I'll be leaving my place in SJ around 7:00am.

I know early-rising isn't your rock-stars' code. ;)

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
I might join ya if my guest bail on me this weekend, i bet Pacifica is perfect right now.Or maybe a local ride with Joshy if they do show up.And nice video by the way,I used to work as a cat wrangler back in Texas so I know what those guys go through.Meow

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, I'm gettin' out there early, like I said. Leaving San Jose at 7:15am. Getting there at 8:15. Trails by 8:30. Two full runs. Then headed home.

Whoever can join can meet at the Taco Bell-eezy on the beach at 8:15.

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
k i will probally go rain or shine to but i wont know till 8 if works rained out so i wont get out there till prolly 930ish if i go. is it the taco bell right on the beach you go to or the one a little farther down 1 ? or i guess closer to sf would be an easier way to descripe it

Fatcrobat

Chimp
Feb 25, 2009
Fatcrobat. What bike were you on?

Charley, I'll still be out there on Sunday, even if it's wet.
I was out there today - not yesterday. Red Foes Fly. Took my buddy who hasn't been riding much. He crashed 3 times - once on the crack, once on the mile and once on boyscout!:monkeydance:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha... we must have missed you. I was out there Saturday and today (Sunday). Everything was amazing except for the bottom of Boyscout. I was totally clean until that portion of the trails. Then it was just sloppy and messy.

Sorry we missed you Charley!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Mike did you get any pictures out there?

I just rode stuff in SC on Saturday. Rode from 7am to 1:30pm or so. Nice rides.
Indeed I did, my friend.

Some are good, and some not so good. I have more pictures, but I'm picky, and think the other shots suck.

Simple Nikon D40 with 18-55 and SB-600.

And here's all the guys who weren't behind the camera...

Grant:

Tim:

Greg:

One of the SF Dirt Lab guys:

Ilya:

Luke:

Gideon:

blong

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
San Diego
I gotta know...where are those jumps???

I rode crack once a few years ago, so I kinda know my way around up there.

BDS

Chimp
Nov 30, 2008
I used to ride those Boyscout trails back when there were no jumps and a giant ropeswing. That was probably 12-14 years ago when I lived there. I've been back there with my XC bike, but now that I'm finally building up a big bike I can have some real fun over there! Now I'll have a real reason for visiting my parents more often... :D

Last time I was there some kids were going HUGE off this one jump that leads to a wall ride. I just got back into biking again now that I can afford it on my own, so I don't really know what other words to describe it. But man that was pretty sick! I don't know if I'll ever get the courage to try that yet, but we'll see once I get my bike together.

Good old P-town...