Quantcast

Paging Venessa in Ok

May 16, 2004
Arkansas
Hey Venessa! It's Tina. I haven't heard from you. Are you guys racing in Mena next weekend? We rode the course today. It was sweet..some uphill, that sucks. My bike is so heavy!!Talk to you soon!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well welcome to the Monkey:thumb:

oh almost forgot...instead of starting a whole thread you could just PM who you're looking for...just a suggestion....D

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
T-
hows it goin' ?? did yall take out the jump that was before the rock garden today? that was probably as much work to tear down as it was to build LOL. yeah that flat section near the top is gonna suck. peeps are gonna have to have alittle fitness this time. see you there.

joel

May 16, 2004
Arkansas
The logs gone but there's still a jump because all the dirts there. Marvin made a trip to the emergency room..he wrecked on the last jump and dislocated his shoulder!!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Dang! did he go in nose heavy and or over the bars after launching that jump??

I was thinking about that jump and if people are bombing down that hill and ride the brakes leading up to the jump, their negative momentum caused by the braking is gonna claim some riders. racers need to be accelerating into jumps, not braking.

what happened exactly??

joel

May 16, 2004
Arkansas
He was showing off:) He was going to fast and landed too far down and slid out. Ripped chest protector off at the shoulder. I didn't get to see it but Mike said it was nasty!!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
marvin is the 30 something ex-bmx pro guy right?? well tell him to get well and take it easy. glad it was not worse.

i still have not hit that jump "for real". the one time i did on a borrowed bike, it was potent. i'm wondering if it is possible to hit it full speed, racer style and land the backside or if you are gonna land flat with too much speed.

if there are a number of people who crash that landing cause of too much speed, a chicane may be needed.

should be interesting.

laterz,

joel

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Originally posted by joel hester
T-
hows it goin' ?? did yall take out the jump that was before the rock garden today? that was probably as much work to tear down as it was to build LOL. yeah that flat section near the top is gonna suck. peeps are gonna have to have alittle fitness this time. see you there.

joel
Why are they taking out jumps?